Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilefan95

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok since i need help quickly im gonna start another thread, my pygmy beardie has gone all slow, i know that it can mean brumination, however a few days ago i dropped him from about 15 inches up and he had a nasty fall, not to bad, im worried that he is being slow from the fall? or is it just brumination, I need help urgentley, if its in need of a vets assictance does anyone know good reptile vets in the inner west of sydney.

its alot cooler weather at the moment... i no my reps arnt as active at the moment... and 15 inches isnt really going to do any damage unless ur freakishly unlucky

he sort of fell onto his belly and i was worried but yea the temps in my room have dropped by at least 8 degrees

Just going by your description, it doesn't sound like he could have done much harm from the fall. But if you aren't sure, then you might need to warm his tank up to stop him going into brumation so you can observe his movements. Even if his hot spot is good, the other end, being room temperature would be cooling down so you might need to add a heatmat on very low heat to his cool end to keep his cool end at his preferred. Unless you can see any dislocation of his feet or toes, discolouration suggesting bruising, you probably don't have much to worry about. Also, if he was in pain, his colours may appear more dark or dull than usual.

But in saying this, please don't quote me as gospel, as I cannot see him. But just guessing, his behaviour sounds temperature related and preparing for brumation rather than stress from an injury.

His colour is fine, he doesnt have any dislocated fingers or toes either, so i probably have nothing to worry about, and gpoleweski he fell onto a small bit of wood but he seemed fine after wood its just now he has started to slow down. Thanks guys

Yeaj i dont think the fall would have done any real damage. They are tuff as nails :)

What is the temps in the daytime and night time?

Sorry for the late reply i have been at work and grandma's the temps during the day are as follows: basking spot 35 hot end 29.8 cool end 22 to about 24 at night its around 20 its pretty warm but he has seemed to perk up a bit today perhaps the outside weather is having an effect on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back