Herping at home in Cairns, or geckoes and frog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks GeckPhotographer. I was hoping for your input at some point. So I don't have to feel guilty about being fond of my little resident gecko? It's amazing how there can be so many different opinions on what something is.

I've found my bird books and used them to identify a couple of species I haven't seen before. Still looking for my reptile book. :)

I definitely attempted to post in this threat some time back – it must have been late and I pushed the wrong button.
Agree fully with Geckophotographer's IDs.
Someone asked about Slender Chained Gecko (Lepidodactylus pumilus). It occurs in New Guinea and also on Torres Strait Islands. I don't know if it has yet been recorded on the mainland but it does occur close to the tip of Cape York.

Blue

Since I posted this there's been an explosion in the population of baby geckos. I have at least eight of them living in my house and there are more outside and in the sheds. I'm too scared to do the vacuuming for fear that I'll accidentally suck one up.

How's that for an excuse not to do the housework?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back