herping on the downs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChimeraProNG

Reaction score
gettn ready to go for a drive its been raining all day hoping to see some subterrainium herps, any pointers on habitat to see the best variety of the least seen of our aussie herps?:):)

Dont really know your area but the best advice i could give you is KEEP YOUR EYES PEALED!!!!!!!LOL

you talking about darling downs (southern brigalow belt) If so just a few things, look for bits of old junk like tin and boards and stuff to flip, this is one of the easiest ways to find snakes and geckos etc, also you wont see that much in the day other then roadkills, best time to spot stuff is at night, drive a nice road that goes through some good bush and do laps of it untill it gets to cool, you are bound to come accross a few snakes and geckos, just make sure you choose a queit road or all you will see it dead or dying reptiles. Make sure you put everything back the way it was found and stay safe, good luck, look foward to pictures.

Usually there is snakes along the back road to allora. There use to be a massave perentie at the park in cambooya (not sure if it is still there or not) In Clifton there is an abundance of browns but you have to be in the right places to find them. And out near the archery range at warwick there is snakes, also in nobby.... hope this helped

Usually there is snakes along the back road to allora. There use to be a massave perentie at the park in cambooya (not sure if it is still there or not) In Clifton there is an abundance of browns but you have to be in the right places to find them. And out near the archery range at warwick there is snakes, also in nobby.... hope this helped
Thanks for the info but you might need to brush up on your identification i bet $1000000 that theres no perenties;) within 1000km of toowoomba my bet would be a Vananus various( lace monitor)

Thanks for the info but you might need to brush up on your identification i bet $1000000 that theres no perenties;) within 1000km of toowoomba my bet would be a Vananus various( lace monitor)

Ha lol probably i dont really do lizards and things.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back