Hesitant Wife

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could take her to show her a jungle hatchy (pet shop or similar) and the type of enclosure you are going to get, so she can see its safe and secure and won't be escaping.
Dig up some info on Burmese pythons and Jungles, then show her the two side by side for comparison.
If she is still stressed that the jungle will escape and possibly harm your kids, arrange to keep it in a separate locked room.

Family dogs are more inclined to injure the kids, maybe dig up the stats on dog attacks vs pet snake attacks. :D

Im lucky that I don't have to please anybody but myself, I'd have 5 or 6 snakes except I don't have the finances/room (yet). LOL

...Dig up the stats on fatal vending machine accidents in Australia Vs fatal pet python attacks in Australia :D

Before you go against she who must be obeyed.. Ask yourself....

What's more important...

Her playing with your python or you playing with your new python?

Last edited:
Jungle pythons dont get any where near big enough to eat a child and by the time it is full grown, the kids will be even bigger. Jungle temperaments are not good though, they are often very snappy and defensive, maybe not the best choice for a first snake. Especially if the wife is hesitant.

Im lucky, my girlfriend loves reptiles as much as i do. My parents on the other hand werent as keen when i got my first snake. Thats why i went with the saying, "its better to ask for forgiveness, than permission". They don't have a problem with them anymore :)

My boyfriend and I bought them together. We have a 9 year old girl and a 6 year old boy. They were 8 and 5 when we got our first MD. The kids adore him and want one of their own. The bf wasn't as keen as I was, but since have convinced him, now we are planning to renovate the shed into a reptile house :)
I think the best thing to do is go to a zoo and have a close encounter/ a cuddle with one that is used to handling. I fell in love with them that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back