Hey all!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisturbedDave

Reaction score
Hey,
Figured I'd post to say hi and briefly introduce myself; I'm 28, new to herping and currently own 3 juvi Eastern Water Dragons. Even though they still see me as the big ugly monster that puts food in their enclosure now and again, I adore the hell out of them, and they are slowly getting used to me.

Few pictures;

The smaller of the three asking me for permission to devour another cricket:

My mate and I after a long walk away from the trails of Hotham for some fresh powder jumps - obviously a little too 'excited'. I'm on the right.

Myself (middle), and two mates enjoying a few too many drinks

They are sooo cute. Welcome to aps :)

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

the lizards ??? Becca ????

and welcome Dave -- all looks normal to me not too disturbed :D

Lol yes i meant the lizards.

Disturbed is how i look after a long night with a teething baby lol

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

that little one is so cute, welcome to aps.

Thanks! The little one is a terror. Let's you hold it for about 5 minutes, then squirms n kicks. I keep hold for another couple of minutes til it's calmed down, then go to put it back in the enclosure, but nope, wants to sit on my hand n won't move.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Hey Reptallica!

No pythons on the horizon for me. This enclosure takes up enough of my living room! Would like to get these guys trained, so might keep the numbers down until that happens. Barely have enough time for the EWDs

Bit of an update as they grow:

Pretty sure it's obvious where their favourite part of the enclosure is.

udagu5en.jpg

myva2y7e.jpg

3u3arahe.jpg

revypu5u.jpg

7emasutu.jpg

Quick question, seems now and again this dragon darkens up a bit. Doesn't seem to be getting picked on (enclosure is big enough for it to escape anyway), feeds just as often as the other two. Is this cause for concern?
dy2upa9a.jpg

The other two:
tuvunega.jpg

Any input would be appreciated.

10 minutes later it was back to normal colors, has had a big feed, and I found it having a swim when I got back from down the street. Definitely seems happy! Not sure what would cause it to darken

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

Sometimes reptiles will turn darker in order to soak up more heat, other times they will turn a lighter shade if they need to cool down. It can also be related to stress. Just watch them carefully and be ready to separate them if need be. You can house hatchlings to gather sometimes with no obvious problems. Sometimes at a certain age they will all of a sudden start to have problems. That is not always the case, but it does happen. Hope his helps.

Sometimes reptiles will turn darker in order to soak up more heat, other times they will turn a lighter shade if they need to cool down. It can also be related to stress. Just watch them carefully and be ready to separate them if need be. You can house hatchlings to gather sometimes with no obvious problems. Sometimes at a certain age they will all of a sudden start to have problems. That is not always the case, but it does happen. Hope his helps.

Thanks mate, didn't know about the color change for heat soaking. The fact that it changed so quickly, it seems to be the logical reason.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back