Hey all!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate, didn't know about the color change for heat soaking. The fact that it changed so quickly, it seems to be the logical reason.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

Ya it happens quick to be honest. I fill up my bathtub weekly to let my iguana have some swim time. If the water is slightly cold he will turn a brownish green within seconds. Its part of thermoregulation. I wouldn't dismiss stress though. Like I said just observe them carefully. Usually when things start to change is when they hit there teenage mark.(for lack of a better term) I think I read somewhere that just like in humans there hormones go wild. That's why we get all the "why is my snake snappy all of a sudden" questions. Then they usually calm down as adults.

Regards, Patrick

Ya it happens quick to be honest. I fill up my bathtub weekly to let my iguana have some swim time. If the water is slightly cold he will turn a brownish green within seconds. Its part of thermoregulation. I wouldn't dismiss stress though. Like I said just observe them carefully. Usually when things start to change is when they hit there teenage mark.(for lack of a better term) I think I read somewhere that just like in humans there hormones go wild. That's why we get all the "why is my snake snappy all of a sudden" questions. Then they usually calm down as adults.

Regards, Patrick

Especially since I don't know their genders, I'm keeping a very close eye on them. So far, no domination, no biting, so far so good. I think thermoregulation is a good reason, but will still be watching them.

One of them is shedding! First one out of the three to shed, I'm over the moon!
aje2a8a7.jpg

So the one that was shedding, still has one piece of grey, what looks like the remainder of the shed, between its eyes and down to the nose, it's been a week. Something to worry about? Or it'll sort itself out?

This thread should be re named "Disturbed Daves Dragon Docco ":lol:

but I think the shed will come off soon , if your that worried why not give it a spray of warm water or a little bath and a Gentle rub ,

Having said that wouldn't it be funny if each member had their own "Herp Blog "page on APS :shock:

Yeah I've kept it rather updated. I'll post again after they pass their next stool :p
But thanks, figured shouldn't be an issue, would rather be safe than sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back