Heyy, i'm kinda new to this... only been on for 15 days :P

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica

Reaction score
Heyy,
My name is Jessica, I own a dog, some giant burrowing bush cocroaches and a Diamond Python. I love my pets very much. I have even introduced some of my friends to Mo, (My diamond python) one of them got a bearded dragon so they can eventually get one and another just loves him :]

I am gonna get a class C licence in June and am planing on getting a Gecko, I have pretty much decided on getting a thick tail gecko, but i do really like the velvet ones because they are more of a standard type... so i have not fully been conviced yet... would love peoples opinions!! :]

I am wanting to get a Green Tree Python as soon as i can, but i am not really sure of the licence requirements... it is not on the website i used to find out what kinds of reptile i can get on group C licences, so that would be really helpful to know :]

Thanks so much for reading this, would love to hear peoples opinions and what they know, many thanks from Jess :]

Jessica,

What state are you in? Different states have different licencing laws. In the ACT, the licencing for a B class licence pretty much allows you to have snakes that are found in the surrounding climate. So the diamonds and various carpets are included. Bredlis are included in class C, GTPs aren't mentioned, but given they are not native to the area, I would guess they come under a C class.

In NSW, I don't think you need a special class for the GTP. I think they are allowed on all.

Jem

Jess,

If you get your class C in ACT, you should be able to get GTP under this with approval from TAMS.
They need different requirements compared to the more basic morelia species which are pretty hardy.
For this reason, I believe they dont advertise on the class C list... so that people just dont get one hoping it just requires heat!!

Heyy, thankyou so much for your info!!
Um not to seem dumb... but what is a TAMS?

Ohh ok thankyou, would u happen to know what kinds of extra stuff u would need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back