Hi all very new member here!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jodi4d

Reaction score
Hi all very new member here needing advice please!!

Hi guys not sure how this works please bare with me we are purchasing unsexed juvenile coastals (1 year olds) on the weekend and just want to check how old they need to be before breeding? we do NOT want babies.. thanks.

Last edited:
It depends on their feed intake, males can breed from as early as 18 months females usually need another year.

Thank you so much I will get them sexed just to be on the safe side

Hi guys not sure how this works please bare with me. we are purchasing unsexed juvenile coastals (1 year olds) on the weekend and just want to check how old they need to be before breeding? we do NOT want babies.. thanks.

I assume from the way you wrote your post you plan on housing them together?
If you planned on housing them separate they wouldn't be able to breed, yes?
Best bet for snakes, yearlings and above, is to keep them separate. They are - by nature - solitary creatures, and if you have two males come adult age and breeding season they will fight, possibly ending in death. Coastals can grow very large in not too short a time, and can have a snappy nature as they get size to them sometimes.
People do house snakes together but it really isn't recommended as you just can't predict how two snakes are going to cohabitate on a 24/7 basis.
Best to err on the side of caution and have two separate, happy healthy snakes for a very long time.

Welcome! I hope you find all the information you need here and happy herping!

The guy we are buying from has kept them together, but we will keep separate. . Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back