Hi Everybody Virgin Reptile Keeper Here The WIFE finally Said YES

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TattooPat

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is Pat first time Reptile Keeper i dont have any reptiles YET i am looking at getting a Pygmy Bearded Dragon just would like to know any good books, guides to look at have wanted one for a long time the Wife finally said YES so i am over the moon looking at everything i can find on the net but would be great if you guys and girls on here could give me some Tips about setting up etc thank you

Starting off with the pygmy dragon then see where it goes from there the Wife will also stay for now LOL

If you want a book then id say keeping and breeding australian lizards by mike swan around 40 -50 dollars would be a good start check out seekbooks.com.au gets to you in two days. but you really can get most of your info here on the net....

Don't feel bad, I'm sure there are plenty of reptile keepers that are virgins. Probably more than there are in other hobbies. Glad to hear the wife finally said yes to you though. Try not to be too nervous and you'll be fine :)

Hi my name is Pat first time Reptile Keeper i dont have any reptiles YET i am looking at getting a Pygmy Bearded Dragon just would like to know any good books, guides to look at have wanted one for a long time the Wife finally said YES so i am over the moon looking at everything i can find on the net but would be great if you guys and girls on here could give me some Tips about setting up etc thank you

Some imfo here http://www.dolittlefarm.com.au/docs/pygmydragon.pdf

Don't feel bad, I'm sure there are plenty of reptile keepers that are virgins. Probably more than there are in other hobbies. Glad to hear the wife finally said yes to you though. Try not to be too nervous and you'll be fine :)
I have been waiting for this day for a at least 6 years i love reptiles and not nervous with handling have handled snakes and blue tounges etc

Read it thank you for info

I have been waiting for this day for a at least 6 years i love reptiles and not nervous with handling have handled snakes and blue tounges etc

I bet you've handled a snake if you've been married 6 years and she's only just said yes :)

Good work convincing her about the reptiles too :) My wifes given up these days. She just sometimes says, "Is that one new?" Me "yep!". Rolls eyes....

we have 6 pigmys your wife will love them they are great little guys and gals. fun to watch and to get out. any questions i can answer for you let me know

My mum just got her pygmy at the sofar expo, the thing has grown like a trooper and is really fun to watch chasing crickets. Have been trying to convince the wife to let me get one for my daughter but shes not that keen as we have three carpets already and she thinks we dont have anymore room. I always say we can always create some by getting rid of you stuff. Doesnt go down well though!

Well Pat welcome to reptiles, you might have been better off staying with the wife.
as you can see there is a lot of info & a lot of BS out there. Sometimes i think the bs just gets some of those people jacked off.

Mate you are allways welcome & ask away as no question is a silly one.

Cheers
Ian

Welcome Pat. You will be addicted Like I am now. I said one snake *cough* 4 and counting and 1 Bearded Dragon.

Well Pat welcome to reptiles, you might have been better off staying with the wife.
as you can see there is a lot of info & a lot of BS out there. Sometimes i think the bs just gets some of those people jacked off.

Mate you are allways welcome & ask away as no question is a silly one.

Cheers
Ian

Come on... Gotta have a sense of humor :)

Try keeping bearded dragons by Darren Green I found it to be good and it's cheep and most big pet stores have it.
cheers jason.

Yeah my wife said NO to a pygmy beardie, but I bought 2 of them anyway. Now there part of the family. The kids take it to school and the little one takes it to day care. There awesome...Good luck and there pretty easy to keep

Would anyone know or recomend a great reptile pet shop some where with loads of reptile enclosures and products in Gold Coast Area

Are Pygmy Beardies easy to get

Don't know about shops but Reptile One make good enclosures. Pygmy Beardies should be easy to get. They breed like rabbits :) I've got 22 hatchlings at home at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back