Hi Everybody Virgin Reptile Keeper Here The WIFE finally Said YES

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatpat.... how do you know your reptiles are virgins? They might have 'done it' while you werent looking:shock: :lol: hehehehehahahahahahah

Welcome to the funny farm ;)

Just want to thank you all for your help now the question start I understand the care and diet of the pygmy Beardies but when it comes to UV, UVB lights heat lights red, white, blue heat mats I get so confused HELP

Tatpat.... how do you know your reptiles are virgins? They might have 'done it' while you werent looking:shock: :lol: hehehehehahahahahahah

Welcome to the funny farm ;)
I am the virgin lol

You HAVE to have a UVB 10 Fluoro light for your dragons. Without it they may develop Metabolic Bone Disease. You'll also need a basking light for warmth. The wattage depends on the distance from the basking point in the enclosure and the lamp. I use a moon or blue light as the heat source as I have it run on a thermostat that has a timer which drops the temp at night and during the day the fluoro is on so need for more light. This saves on having two lamps. Heat mats aren't necessary for dragons IMO.

I dont use a heat mat for mine they get there heat from the lights.
there is a reptile show coming soon to the gold coast it's in the scales and tails mag.
28th 29th of july at the parkland showgrounds
you should get some good info there.
cheers Jason.

You HAVE to have a UVB 10 Fluoro light for your dragons. Without it they may develop Metabolic Bone Disease. You'll also need a basking light for warmth. The wattage depends on the distance from the basking point in the enclosure and the lamp. I use a moon or blue light as the heat source as I have it run on a thermostat that has a timer which drops the temp at night and during the day the fluoro is on so need for more light. This saves on having two lamps. Heat mats aren't necessary for dragons IMO.

because they're pygmies don't you need a pygmy flouro haha

I dont use a heat mat for mine they get there heat from the lights.
there is a reptile show coming soon to the gold coast it's in the scales and tails mag.
28th 29th of july at the parkland showgrounds
you should get some good info there.
cheers Jason.
I am getting ready for the Gold Coast Reptile Expo

I dust my crickets in calsium twice a week I was told it helps there bones develop when there yong, not so
much when there older.

dont rely on just a uv bulb,dietry supplementation is of way higher importance in preventing metabolic bone disease,uv lights may be of benefit,but they arent miracle lights

a good book for info on beardys is THE BEARDED DRAGON MANUAL has sections on pygmy beardeds to and also frillies,definatly worth the purchase price,and for the info is quite cheap

also if wife says no to a bearded dragon,then u buy 4 or 5,when they roll eyes u say well u said no to just getting 1

how did you know I am into the Phantom?

Isn't everybody? Greatest comic ever. When my wife and I moved out of our first apartment ten years ago she made me throw out my collection of phantom comics. They weren't in the best nic but but it was a pile 5 ft high. I really regret it now:(

Didnt think anyone would get the pygmy connection :)

normally virgins have a 5 foot high pile of different magazines,which may or may not have comic sections,lol

Haha! Lets just say I had two 5 ft high piles of magazines :) After all, It was in the time before fast internet. I've been married for 10 years now and have 2 kids, I've gone back to being a virgin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back