Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rigga

Reaction score
Hi everyone, :D

Just like to introduce myself, I'm Craig from Brisbane, and I'm pretty new to keeping reptiles, though I've always loved the little critters.
I got my first snake about three months ago. He's a young Bredl's Python and he's about 11 months old. I've loved having him around so much I picked up my second snake a week ago. A juvenile Jungle sold to me as a male but turned out to be a female. Got her at a bargain price too, so I was rapt. She took 3 pinkie rats a couple of days ago so she seems to have settled really well.
Tomorrow I'm picking up my 3rd snake, a 2 year old BHP, gotta say I can't wait . He looks great in the photos, hope he's as nice in person, but I don't think I'm going to be disappointed. I'm hoping to add some Central Beardies to the collection sometime in the new year, but first I plan to get proper housing for the new additions.
The best advice I got before getting my first snake was to join my local Herp club, because I've met some great people who have been a big help.

I think I've found a new addiction :lol:

Happy Herping everyone

Finally managed to get a half decent photo from my new camera so here are a couple of pics.
Grabbed the photo of the BHP from the add, only a couple of hours before I pick him up :D

Attachments

• DSCF0076.jpg
    DSCF0076.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCF0075.jpg
    DSCF0075.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC01730.jpg
    DSC01730.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 109
Hi Craig and welcome to APS :)
Nice snakes you have there. I too have a bredli, 2 childreni and a stimson, and have a pair of BHP preordered, not to mention my other critters in my signature, ur right it is addictive.
What Herp Club have you joined? Im south of Brisbane and am looking to join one too in the new year.
Have fun with your new BHP today, bet he'l be great :)
Naomi

What Herp Club have you joined? Im south of Brisbane and am looking to join one too in the new year.
Have fun with your new BHP today, bet he'l be great :)
Naomi

I joined the QLD Herp Society, they meet at Bunya Park the first Sunday of the month. It might be a bit out of your way if your on the southside. I do remember seeing something on the tele about a club in the Springwood area, but can't remember any contact details sorry.
The BHP is home and I couldn't be happier, will post some pics when I can

queensland reptile and fauna club is a good one to join nom ..if ya ever need info on them pm me and i,ll send you all the details..

oh and welcome to the site craig,,theres alot of people here to share your interests

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

BHP is settling ok, he has eaten, but not to keen to come out of his hide just yet. Will hopefully get some pics later in the week.

Hey Rigga,

Great snakes you got there. As you probably well know, you cant stop at one. I have 3 snakes and it takes alot of convincing to keep it that way. Its so addictive isnt it.

So where in Brissy are you?

sounds like you've got your hands on quite a few empressing snakes there craig...welcome

-Jared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back