hmm I will bite you in the face.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try scrambling an egg, let it cool anf put all of it in a bowl. It looks like there is waaay too much there but they are little pigs and will demolish as much as they can........
By the way my little bluey is like a dog and although he may just like company it's like he was trained.....he runs up to me in his enclosure and likes to play games like tug of war and some times tag and if I just ignor him he gets real stroppy and tries to bite me and stuff.....

Why not just feed separately? As they get bigger i imagine there will be more scope for major problems like losing toes etc. Not a risk I would be willing to take!

i agree it was a pretty stupid question, if you feed 2 lizards one food item they will fight over it, feed them a few snails.

Argh yourself, Blue tongues are scavangers in the wild. This means, in case you are having trouble understanding such a big word, that they will eat anything that smells even slightly like food, this includes dog and cat food. Alot of people who find them in the wild find them in the dog or cat bowl eating, guess what? So climb down off of that big horse before you fall off and hurt yourself.:rolleyes:

But doesn't common sense tell you that if an animal isn't eating what it put infront of it perhaps you should try other food?

And more than that if there is only ONE food item for TWO animals doesn't common sense tell you that they will both go for it if they are hungry?

I am not on a high horse. I'm just frustrated.

I'm in the common sense corner...
Feed them seperately....hate to say it ...but it is not hard to comprehend the philosophy!

Last edited:
But doesn't common sense tell you that if an animal isn't eating what it put infront of it perhaps you should try other food?

And more than that if there is only ONE food item for TWO animals doesn't common sense tell you that they will both go for it if they are hungry?

Common sense does dictate that if one thing isn't working than try something else. But that isn't what your post was about your post was about blue tongues not eating dog food in the wild. Personally I think that instead of attacking people you should use your experience, knowledge and, common sense to help others. Being rude only causes frustration to you, frustration to the questioner and frustration to all the people reading. Almost all of the questions lately that i have seen responded to by you and a couple of others have been haughty and rude. You do not know everything and if you do know something someone else doesn't try offering your advice with sugar instead of vinegar and you will find it is more readily accepted.

Agh.. I said a few times that i have tried ALOT of different food. and i didnt only give ONE food item. Read before you post.

I'm in the common sense corner...
Feed them seperately....hate to say it ...but it is not hard to comprehend the philosophy!

As I said before, if you would have read all the posts, I knew what i had to do, BUT i was looking for suggestions and other ideas.

i agree it was a pretty stupid question, if you feed 2 lizards one food item they will fight over it, feed them a few snails.

It was one food item cut into two. on seperate sides of the enclosure and he had other food infront of him, he went straight for the other bluey's neck/face.

Can I just say...with the Baby Food that you give to Blueys.... Try and get ones without potato in them.... I know its not good for them...Not sure why, someone may be able to advise ...

Other things mine like... Meal worms, crickets,daffodils,banana, strawberries,snails....

****(just with the Daffodils and Snails, be careful nothing has been poisoned)

yeah i havent fed mealies yet, only because with baby BEARDIES it causes problems, i was unsure if it causes the same problems in blueys though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back