Home remedy for Respiratory Infections...this one is great!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more important is remedying the conditions that cause ri in the first place,a simple warm up early on does wonders,meds and that wont do squat if conditions that cause the illness arent changed

prevention is the best medicine

Absolutely agree :)

Richardsc - great pont, however you can work to remedy and prevent just about anything - however systemically weak animals are exactly that.
I see the 'other' end of the scale - the end that is rarely talked about by keepers. :(
Sometimes, prevention and all the care and love in the world won't help an animal that is not going to thrive.

Benjamind2010 - 10% solution = 10mls to 100 of distilled or (even better) sterile water-for-injection of the concentrate solution.
I'm not saying smash your animals with it if they pop their heads up and snorkel - I'm saying it works wonders with acute onset snakes that for some reason or another show no obvious precursors, or may be new to your collection, and 'suddenly' develop really nasty symptoms.

Longhi - you are a champion. And what can you tell me about Turtle Rehabilitation over there?
Our Cairns mob are setting up on Fitzroy, and it's working really well.
PM me. :)

The stupidity and ignorance in this thread makes me angry.

there are good arguments for both sides of this
so keeping an open mind about it is possibly the best option
example
I would never have tried cuttlefish powder on snakes
but it was suggested in another thread and is giving great results

sometimes I would give a lot to have access to a good vet here
we lose too many that I know could have been saved
so we try anything with varying results

turtle rescue in kuta is a good bunch of people
turtle island is bluntly an abortion of a place
goannas and birds chained to the floor
snakes with mouths taped etc etc