Honey Jungles???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
OK we've all heard of these new so called honey jungles and there are some for sale on the herp trader however no pics.I would love to know who came up with this Honey Jungle sales pitch and why?Does anyone have any pics of these honey jungles and possibly pics of adults from anyone would be appreciated.I wonder what the need to call them honey jungles is for,what makes them different to all the other jungles out there?To me the only difference is some ppl seem to think adding a cool or fancy name for an ordinary animal as a sale gimick.If ppl are going to advertise these honey jungles some pics along with the add would help.

Next season I'll have some vegemite jungles and a sweet & sour with a hint of Nutella colouration just can't wait to breed these beautiful animals,they're top quality and cost me a fortune,the breeder said he's the only breeder producing these jungles in the country!

Any pics anyone please,I'd just like to see what a honey jungle looks like?

my friend keeps honey jungles, they look pretty much like an unusual coastal, they are pretty much just crap browny looking jungles, saying this, I don't really mind them as I am a fan of coastals, but I would't be paying anything more then what I would pay for a coastal for one, nothing flash at all, sorry no pics, friend is suspended so he can't post any. I am sure other people keep them to though.

iSnack 2.0 jungles :lol:

Browns you should know this one ,
the first honey jungles were athertons.
use the search function,there are threads
made on honey jungles already. i think.

Give them a name like that and it's a sure fire way to move animals that you can't get people to buy normally.

Yeah I know smithy but I can't understand why they insist on calling them honey jungles if they're Athertons...it's a complete bloody joke tacking some fancy name to sell ordinary animals.

Still no pics from anyone?

Yeah I know smithy but I can't understand why they insist on calling them honey jungles if they're Athertons...it's a complete bloody joke tacking some fancy name to sell ordinary animals.

Still no pics from anyone?

That's pretty much my thoughts on the subject.

From Swans book "Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons"
"There is a particular strain of jungle carpet python that is unusually placid. These particular snakes are known as "honey jungles".

What is this? Just goes to show you can publish anything.

whats there not to understand about it?

oh and its fine_jungles btw not ''smithy''

cheers :lol:

Last edited:
My bad I got smithy mixed up with fine-jungles which was who I was replying to in my post,has smithy got a jungle head shot avatar as I have no idea why I mentioned smithy...my apologies again fine-jungles!

Calling any jungle a honey jungle because they're placid is so ridiculous and obviously hasn't had much to do with jungles,all jungle types can be both placid or nasty,Athertons tend to be more placid in general and the coastal fringe type 4-5 foot jungles tend to be nutters most cases but can be and will calm down.

It's pretty silly imo to give a name like that to an animal juswt because it's placid,I et not every single one is placid??

So does anyone have any shots of the Atherton type jungles they have purchased as "honey Jungles"

Kris.

i have seen them in the flesh... a guy doing a talk at the petshop had and breeds them... basically they are just athertons but they have a 'sweet as honey' disposition... i kid you not, this is what he said... could hardly keep my mouth shut...haha.
he also breeds psuedo-jungles... ie integrades. cause they have the colour and similiar pattern to some jungles.... crazy!

Hey roger,

Im not impliying that you called any of your jungles, honeyjungles.

I was implying that alot of people buy snakes because of the fancy name, if i put a add online "Honey Jungles for sale" instead of just "Jungles for Sale" i bet i would get plenty of interest.

You are right bundysnake.
Jungles are getting harder and harder to sell, and if "honey" implies quiet temperament then what is wrong with that. Anyone that is abhorred by such a harmless "commercial name" may not mind sitting on their hatcho Athertons for longer and selling them for less. However, if the Athertons are bitey then they should not be called "honeys" anyway.

My honey blonde jungle cross Pamela Anderson looks gravid all year round and handles really, really well. She is for sale.

I might be termed a splitter when it comes to morelia, I even like locality named animals as a way of identifying different populations. And if you use a descritive term (striped/banded, black and gold/white ect) then also good in my book, Don't forget to add any applicable genetic terms to the title, Axanthic, Hypomelanistic, ect.... but when you start giving names to a group of reptiles (that 5 years ago would be termed normal "wild type"). Then it is little more then an attempt to divert attention from the fact you are selling wild type animals...

re Honey

Come on browny,never doubt these things,you must follow a honey bee back to its nest then look around for the honey jungles which hunt the honey possums. Dont knock things until youve seen it,the other day i saw a striped diamond rolling down the pacific highway with its tail in its mouth trying to mate with a double white line.
Honey = Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back