Horror movie advice please!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i absolutly LOVE horror movies!!!! :D although i don't really get scared of them there still fantastic

wolf creek, christine chainsaw massacre, it jeepers creepers, saw movies...........prom night that me and my friend laughed the whole way through odly enough:p

The Nightmare on Elm Street were good & I remember watching a trilogy when I was a kid. Can't remember the name of it though. It had Karen Black & featured a little black doll with a knife, I think it was like an African style statue that came to life.....grrr, it's going to haunt me now till I remember the name of it....
Poltergeist was another good one & The Shining.

All of the SAW movies.... they get more and more gruesome!

The hills have eyes - one and two........ just wrong!

There hasnt been any good slasher movies for years, like scream. they were great!

The Ring scared the crap outta me, but I'm a big chicken when it comes to scary movies lol

just finsihed watching "the Strangers" ... not a movie i could watch again.. got kinda boring in a few places , but it also had me biting my finger nails lol.

The only movie thats really left me a bit freaked out afterwards was the Blair Witch. Done alot of study on it before the movie aswell, very fascinating.

wasnt this proven untrue?? or is it, lots of stories on this one.

Silent Hill is pretty good too! :) First time I saw it at the cinema some of the scenes were pretty freakyish, was great! :D But the second time you watch is wasnt as good sadly.

couldnt quite get the ending on this one lol

I remember before I saw The Strangers, I was being told it was one of the scariest thriller movies ever so I was expecting alot from it and it didn't deliver. It was still a good movie nonetheless.

The Hills Have Eyes 1 & 2 and Wrong Turn 1 & 2 ....very similar movies but so wrong and freaky!
The Grudge 2 ....wasnt so scary but kept giving me eery cold shivers all the way through.

Just remember all scary movies have to be watched at night or they're just not the same lol it should be a rule

the ring, the grudge, it all depends on what you think is scary.
i can watch michael myers or jason vorheevs rip it up all day .
go for the original texas chainsaw massacre.
its very realistic and is based on a true story. the remake really does it no justice.

freaky inbred yankees ,,,what a family

The Nightmare on Elm Street were good & I remember watching a trilogy when I was a kid. Can't remember the name of it though. It had Karen Black & featured a little black doll with a knife, I think it was like an African style statue that came to life.....grrr, it's going to haunt me now till I remember the name of it....
Poltergeist was another good one & The Shining.

It was called Trilogy of Terror, and yes, that damned doll is what I will always remember........... always sends a shiver down my spine!!!!!!!!

Another of Steven King's memorable ones was Rose Red..... anyone seen it????

As for the Trilogy of terror, a comment made on the site referring to the movie goes as such:-
"EVERYONE I know that's ever seen it says the same thing. That doll freaked them out! The doll in the last story is worth it all! You watch this and you won't be able to go to sleep till you make sure any dolls in your house are locked away! I think the dolls face is so well done, so damned creepy that even with the somewhat limited "special effects" that were used to do the doll, it just freaks you out and afterward any little sound in your house will make you jump or send a shiver down your spine! For a made-for-TV movie from 1975 it is fantastic! I forget how much they paid to get the doll to work, but I think it was something like $100,000. Lots of money back then just for a single item for a movie, but well worth it! The stories are pretty good too! Worthy of the Twilight Zone, or Outer Limits! Karen Black is great in this. Of course, this was her time to shine in the mid '70's. If you like the Chucky movies, then you'll love this one."

Quaranteen was a remake of that

The absolute scariest movie for me was called Rec as in record like recording on video.Its about a spanish tv crew that go into an apartment block and discover some pretty scary stuff,I watched it by myself a few months back and absolutely scared myself half to death.I watched a dubbed english version - I think its at the video shops now.

for anyone who doesnt no, there is another vacancy that is being released, its based on before those people went into the hotel

also they are making another strangers, isnt being filmed till next yr tho

1,2 Freddy's coming for you. 3,4 better lock your door. 5,6 grab your crucifix. 7,8 got to stay up late. 9,10 never sleep again.

Go Freddy krueger.

I have so many scary movies its not funny. By far my best genre.

I recommend any of the August Underground's, pretty sure they're banned though, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back