Horror movie advice please!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok here are my suggestions as i LOVE horror movies

Saw 1234 ( i think 2 was the best )
wrong turn (good ole Paris Hilton)
the hills have eyes
hostel
Rose
wolf creek (gotta love his laugh)
Final Destintion ( not that scarey but very graphic )

cannot think of anymore.......
oh did i mention i LOVE horror movies :)

The Mist was not bad......................... failing that, you can watch, for free, Government question time on the ABC.......... now THAT'S SCARY!!!!!!!!!! lol

and Moriela Matt, I totally agree, Stephen King's IT had me reluctant to take a shower for
WEEKS after!!!!! LOL Any of Stephen Kings stuff is good though, that man's mind must be SOOOOO twisted!!!!!!

The only movie thats really left me a bit freaked out afterwards was the Blair Witch. Done alot of study on it before the movie aswell, very fascinating.

Silent Hill is pretty good too! :) First time I saw it at the cinema some of the scenes were pretty freakyish, was great! :D But the second time you watch is wasnt as good sadly.

ROMPA STOMPA (spelling)

some parts might scare you, like disturb you scare you, but not like scared of the dark scare you. And there is a great hidden message in it, ohh you might not be able to rent it, because its rated R+18

Will

The Grudge - worse in english... as was the other one about the video you watch, then you get a phone call and then you die within 7 days or something.. hmmmmm

I have been trying to think of the name to that one for ages.... thanks :D I dont scare easily but my god i think i got 15mins in and turned it off as it scared the crap out of me!!!!

KaaTom - see the Japanese versions - they're better by a long shot!

The other movie (also a japanese one) is called "The Ring" - has some moments in it... Jap version better!

Whilst it's more suspense than horror - 'The Birds' by Hitchcock would be my fave.

For bad horror....I cant recommend 'The Locals' highly enough. The unintentionally funny NZ horror movie. Definitely worth a look.

House of a Thousand Corpses is a good one, not really scary but creepy characters. Wolf Creek, Wrong Turn & Hostel 1 & 2 are scarey, especially at your age;)

For bad horror....I cant recommend 'The Locals' highly enough. The unintentionally funny NZ horror movie. Definitely worth a look.

The Locals was good - and there's an american attempt to copy it - very poor called Wind Chill (I think).

The king of spoof horrors was in fact Peter Jackson (the director of the Lord of The Rings and King Kong). He started his career out with movies like Meet the Feebles, Braindead, and his highly original Bad Taste.

Then in 96 one of the best funny horrors of all time was with Michael J Fox (Peter Jackson really spent big to get him) and the movie (made for americans) The Frighteners.

Though one of Jackson's best movies, though not scary but very suspensful and a true story is Heavenly Creatures.

But the latest of all spoof horrors from NZ - and a good laugh for you aussies, is Black Sheep - a very funny, a somewhat frightening look at genetic engineering and incredibly dangerous sheep!

The absolute scariest movie for me was called Rec as in record like recording on video.Its about a spanish tv crew that go into an apartment block and discover some pretty scary stuff,I watched it by myself a few months back and absolutely scared myself half to death.I watched a dubbed english version - I think its at the video shops now.

only two movies have ever freaked me out and they were "candyman" and "jeepers creepers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back