House gecko Groove Thang....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Caught these guys doin the asian house gecko rock groove thang the other night.They certainly weren't shy...the cyclonic conditions in Nth Qld atm have made many animals as well as people go a bit troppo :lol:
2005_01270167.jpg

Randy little gex these browns.A mate sent me a similar pic from south brisy.It wont be too long before we get large infestations of corn snakes either mate,and red eared sliders.Dont mind doing toads in browny i quite enjoy it,but the little gex,corns and sliders i wouldnt want the job of doing them in. :( :(

Sxereturn corns are present in sydney in substantial numbers,there on a list of int pests put out by QLD npws.Mate there got to be in other places ,country etc,Theres always corns being found by wires etc,if they become established in the future and it looks like they will,they will absolutely thrive.Give it time and theyll be doing there thing at brownys. :)

Tuesday, very humid here in Renmark, same here today.. Well, my co-worker went into do something to a poker machine in the gaming room on Tuesday, really freaked out and screamed, cos a Gecko, jumped off one of the poker machines onto her? She didn't realise that they could jump! It surprises me where all these reptiles can survive eh? Why would a Gecko be living in a Tavern Gaming Room???

All the pretty lights make the insects congregate in one area - geckoes love insects.

oldfella - I heard a rumour of a single corn snake been found. Didn't realise it was that large of a problem. Is there any published data?

Hey Jonno, there doesn't seem to be a lot of insects in our gaming room? Must be the warmth from the machines? Hasn't been seen since Vanessa screamed the house down? LOL

He could just be lost, but chances when everyone leaves, the action starts...

House gecko Groove Thang...

Sxereturn what do you mean published data! Corns are underground type snakes matey.There very often kept as you dont need a licence and there suited to captivityIn sydney the keeping of these snakes is totally out of control and the population is booming.The escapees and illegally released animals will do there thang like the gex.Like i said wires get quite a few. :)

Re: House gecko Groove Thang...

oldfella said:
There very often kept as you dont need a licence

You don't need a licence? Are you kidding?

If you are caught with one, and you haven't got one of the Exotic Licences issued in 1997, you can be fined $110,000 and get five years in jail!

NPWS issued those licences, there aren't too many of them, and one of the conditions was that the animals could not be bred or sold. I think the phrase "the population is booming" is an exaggeration.

:p

Hix

oldfella said:
Sxereturn what do you mean published data! Corns are underground type snakes matey.There very often kept as you dont need a licence and there suited to captivityIn sydney the keeping of these snakes is totally out of control and the population is booming.The escapees and illegally released animals will do there thang like the gex.Like i said wires get quite a few. :)

They need an emoticon for bashing your head against a wall.

If a totally foreign animal is turning up in large numbers, normally someone will do a study on it.

sxereturn said:
They need an emoticon for bashing your head against a wall.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

I want one!

:p

Hix

RE: Re: House gecko Groove Thang...

Instar - that will now be the one and only emoticon I use on this site...and it's going to get used a lot!

LMAO! :D theres some good ones about !

Well, I'm glad that we don't live anywhere else than SA. To get our MD hatchling, all we have to do is get our Import License, dont have to have a permit to Keep one reptile of the species. Yeehaa! Import License doesn't cost anything either. I rang DEH this morning. Straight from the horses mouth. If we want to get another(different sex) to go into breeding, well that is another matter. Cheers Cheryl

SA sucks for permits. They are giving me hell about getting a 'take from the wild' permit, for a few measly Hemiergis skinks...

Whats involved in S.A. if you want to breed as a hobby Chez? You need a license? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back