House lizard suddenly making himself scarce since Easter.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news:)

Always a lil sad when you grow attached to a lil critter then they decide it's time to move on. Looks like it might not be the case for this lil one :)

haha this awesome, at my house ive seen one wild bluetongue out in my yard and that was it apart from birds and those smallgarden skinks etc, its most prob cause we have 2 cats and a 2 dogs i do have reptiles in my house privately bought, but i would love to see more wild ones around, my next door neighbour has a blue tongue that lives in her laundry ive seen it basking out on her concrete and asked her if she had seen it b4 she said yeh it scares her everytime she goes into the laundry but she just lets it be its pretty big one too i would have to say its bigger than the one i own, sorry to hack ur thread just thought i would ad my bit to it, but let us know if u come across lizzy again i hope shes still round for ya

Think Lizzy's been awake off and on for a week or so, my wife says she thought she caught a glimsp of something with a long tail dashing across the carpet one day last week.
Then I spotted a cheaky house mouse a couple of days ago when I got up just before dawn who was grooming itself in the middle of the kitchen floor. If they didn't poo all over everything, I'd be fine with mouse living with us, but now we have a grandchild who visits, the mouse had to go. The mouse has been dispatched - peanut button on one of those plastic spring traps, got it within a hour of my setting the trap. I had just assumed that since Lizzy was asleep that what my wife saw was a mouse.

I've now put the mouse trap away, wouldn't want to accidently kill Lizzy if Lizzy got curious about the trap, as he's apt to since he has been very inquisitive (do skink's like peanut butter ?).

I'm assuming if the mouse knew Lizzy was in residence, the mouse would have left because Lizzy would probably have seen the mouse or it's babies as food. Lizzy can go everywhere a mouse can. Dispatched the mouse before I knew Lizzy was awake and still living with us.

Yes - I'm very releaved and pleased that my little buddy Lizzy is OK and has stayed with us.

Last edited:
was the laptop battery in use when perched ( heating himself ) or off !! i like his adoptfulness ( is that a word )

was the laptop battery in use when perched ( heating himself ) or off !! i like his adoptfulness ( is that a word )

Not seen Lizzy back on his fav warming spot (yet, kinda stopped looking at the spot so Lizzy could have been there and I just didn't notice him).

It's the power transformer for our phone-fax-answering machine-copier combo he loves to warm up on.

Maybe Lizzy actually loves or at least really likes and trusts me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back