Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelia_man

Reaction score
my parents have decided to buy me an incubator and i am wondering if the hovabator incubator is a good way to go??
its the one of the top for $200. this will be to incubate irian jaya carpet python eggs.
btw i know i can build one but this is the way i want to go.
also any info on breeding this species that is different to any other carpet python could come in handy. but i think it is pretty much the same as any other carpet

http://www.reptilebarn.com.au/index.php?p=incubators

cheers
charles

Irian Jaya carpet pythons are from a part of Papua New Guinea known as Irian Jaya, making them an exotic and illegal species in Australia.Same can be said with GTP,Australian species coming from "Iron range-Cape york" while Sarong,Biak,Aru etc are exotic species.From my understanding due to no water or a decrease in water (at some point) between the top of Australia and Papua New Guinea many species of animals lived between both islands (or made the journey to Australia or vice versa).Then with the increase of water level they were then seperated.In Australia the Darwin carpet aka Morelia Spilota Variegata shares the same scientific name with the Irian Jaya.

The Hovabator is apparently a well known and used product.It holds up to 50 eggs which is a good size for majority of carpet pythons.

NOTE:
My understanding was a quote from a respected herpetologist doing study on GTP in the "Iron range" region of cape york.I do not know of this to be accurate facts or assumption.

Dont worry CC, I am positive that he is talkin about the NW carpet, I have seen pics of his and they are definetly NW's, also he got all bar one from Snakes NT.

I figured he ment a Darwin but thought I'd clear up any confusement there may be :)

lol very right brodie.
btw i said irian jaya because when doing a search on a search engine i look up this common name not the northwestern carpet.

cheers
charles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back