how big will my python grow in 3months?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
how big will my python grow in 3months? they are 4months old now.
the reason i ask is i have about 25-30 weaner rats and some slightly bigger than weaner and i'm not sure if my pythons will be able to eat them and i don't want to waste them.

3 months is the max time of keeping frozen rats isn't it?

they can't eat them at the moment i know that but can they in 3months?

I'd still freeze them. I think the time limit is 6 months, from memory. Wait the maximum time and then try them - nothing to lose. And you'd be surprised at just how big a meal they are capable of eating! :shock:

they are on pinkie rats at the moment, do you think they will be big enough by then?
i have 25-30!!!!!!!

Well, if you are feeding them regularly, they might well be ready for them in 6 months.

If not, I'll take them off your hands (if the price is right!) :) ;-)

you could try them now.
if they are too big the python will know!!

Seriously, B, if you are in doubt, and know that you can breed more, think about selling your excess stock, rather than wasting them. If you are breeding them, the pinkies will grow to the right size in no time.

they are already dead and frozen
]there could be more than 30 i can't tell there are so many!!!!!

look if anyone in sydney wants some i'll count them and keep 5 or so for me for later and you can have the rest for free
but wait there is more!!!!! (nah just kidding)

i got them for free so its no biggie for me

Bryony I have three Hatchies at the moment and one is already on weaners. The other two have had one each in the past but not as quick as the other one. Give em a go on it and you will know if they are two big or not. People often under estimate how big a feed they can take. I have a pic of a Scrub Python that has a full grown wallby inside it. Also there was a story recently about a python thatwas found in someones back yard and had eaten a meal so big that it was to heavy to move. While I don't recommend that try this I just thought it gives you idea of the size some of these fellas can take. Give it a go you have nothing to loose. And Best of luck

my new job in reasearch enables me to have acsess to free rats mainly weaners and adults
the only thing is they are missing their eyes

Yeh give it a go. Mine eats weaners very easliy and it is only about 4 months old. It is very rare for a snake to hurt its jaw by trying to eat a prey item that it too big.

Regards Ether

on this subjetc dose anyone think money could handle a pinky rat his about 3 months old and 50 - 50 cms long i didnt bye them a mate has to pet rats and they breed and he didnt want them so i took them of his hands he seems happy on pinkie mice at the moment but i dont know if this will be to big for him sould i give it a go or is it to riskey

Yeh he probably will be able to. Some people say that rats hold a higher nutritional value that mice.

i'm going to save some for myself and see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back