How can I tell if my carpet is gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

instar

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Posting on behalf of a new member to my site, she writes...

Hi i live on central coast nsw...I own a coastal carpet snake she is 8 foot long..and i think she may be
pregnant..she has stopped eating and dose have some boldgers but not real noticable...how long dose it take for
her to lay eggs..and do i need an incubater for them

No pics yet. Since I havent bred yet and many of my members are from O.S, Please help the girl if you can, I can transfer answers OR you can reply her Here.......

http://herproom.5.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=271&hl=

Via the 'Guestroom" if you dont want to register.

do i detect a plug!

it is normal for them to stop eating and some other tell tale signs are basking belly up (also thought to be taking the weight off) and she should also go through a pre-lay shed. make sure she has a lay box ready so the eggs don't stick to the bottom of the enclosure. an incubater is normally the go as opposed to maternal incubation. just note that maternal incubation takes alot out of the mother and the enclosure has to be set up ideally for the eggs, not the snake. temp and humidy should be abit higher.
i'm no expert but have had no problems before.
hope this helps

Message transferred, Thankyou R1MAN :)

p.s Aps plugged aswell, fair trade! :D

sounds good to me. i will check out your site

You are more than welcome. Thanks for sharing info. :)
Anyone else? C'mon guys/gals, lots of you have bred pythons.

Thanks Iceman, shes a nice looking python. Ive added a link to this thread so im sure this member will check these pics out and compare her own. :wink:

ive got a female at the moment which i saw mating, predicted a pre-shed for this week and thats happening but im not seeing any belly-up and she has gone off her food!! any advice??

as i said that belly-up is only a sign, not all will do it. shed has happened and is off the food........i think babies are on the way. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back