How much are beardies eating a week?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

004dam

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have been doing a bit of research about the dragons. I find some american sites saying they will eat 20-50 crickets a day?. When I look on a few australian sites there saying 5-10 a day? I have a woodie colony growing, Will have my compost farm up and running in a week or so for worms. I have not tried breeding the crickets yet just been buying them from someone. My turtles only eat the amount the size of there head a day ( I am sure they would just keep eating if I let them though :p). Seems like the dragon will eat until its full and not keep eating? Can I give it a mixed bag of woodie,worms,cricket in one feeding so I don't demolish my stocks in a week?

Although not a bearded, my EWD will happily smash 30 odd adult crickets in well under five mins.

when i 1st got mine i was told ( dont know if it's true) that beardies can not store proteins from live food. so there is no point in feeding them 50 crix at a time as they will use what they need and pass the rest. when my girl is gravid i only feed her about 5-8 dusted crix at a time, twice a day and she has no problems with her clutch's . when not breeding i just throw a tub of crix from the pet store in the enclosure every couple of days...then they get to chase their food around for a bit of exercise

hmm Hopefully I can keep it fulfilled with my wood/worm farm when its up and going. Saves forking out on petstore ones :p

really depends on the individual beardie, I've had centrals that would eat 30 or 40 woodies a day if i let him and have had others that would take a dozen if that and be content. My pygmies are more into their veg then insects atm so it just depends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back