How much heat do I need?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake-Supplies

Reaction score
I have looked around for some info, but can't really seem to get a straight answer...

I am getting three 5'' X 2'' X 2'' tanks made up to be stacked on top of each other.
I would like to know what wattage heat emitters I need.

and if anyone has any ideas about making it easy to use for day and night...
because I want it all to be automatic, without changing the thermostat at the same time everyday/night.

Cause I'm not home alot of the time, I was hoping to have one heat emitter on 24/7 but only a low wattage one... for night time basically.

and the other one, a higher wattage on a timer with the UV light. so they come on at the same time during the day, but have that on a dimming thermostat incase it gets too hot.

Is this a reasonable idea?
or a dumb one?

Yer, sounds like an ace plan.
Would be cool if there was animal inside it or did you forget to tell us what type?

There are multipoint thermostat/controllers in the "for Sale" section this website that will do what you want. Also check the "Suppliers" links on the bottom right of the main page. Some of them will allow the use of one heat source with different temp settings for day and night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back