How quickly do coastal carpets grow?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a photo of my 6yr old son with a fully grown female coastal, can't remember it's age but it weighed around 7kg from memory.
yjygunyb.jpg
Great photo mate, he looks so pleased with himself.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Oh, ok bigjoe, yeah, it is awsome tho..... did they get a reptile place to bring some snakes and things to the party?

It is just like me.... toung hanging out while looking at pretty girls :lol:

Yeah was a reptile show, the girl (quite nice she was) also brought along some centralian yearlings, a bearded dragon, an alligator, a small monitor and a sugar glider.

Thanks guys! I didn't know if I should feed her more as someone said she was growing too quickly but I spoke to the guys at my local pet shop also and they said she should be on velvet rats so I guess that's her next feed :) thanks!

Tried feeding her a velvet rat 1 weeks after her last adult mouse and she wouldn't take it, probably too much too soon. Ill try again this week.

You might need to scent the rat with a mouse mate. Some will take rats straight away, but others need a little coaxing.

DSC05585.jpgDSC05583.jpgPICT0050.jpg

Poofy is about 12 yr old now ,roughly 12-13 kg and has slowed down with his growing .He will polish off 1kg of food at a time .He loves his food and even at this size he is lightning fast when taking food from your hand .Even though he is big there are bigger ones on APS .

Hey, my coastal at the moment is over 6 foot and coming up to his third... Hatchday? But when feeding, I prefer to go a bigger item and longer gaps, and one rule I've found, particularly with coastals is, decide what you think the biggest food item it can take is... And then go the next size up. They are phenomenal in the way they are able to smash huge food items. My coastal is probably a bit smaller than your average tennis ball, and can take XL quails. And I feed XL quails or large rats once a month-ish. In my opinion, it's best to get them on to rats as soon as you can.

I have three Pythons:

A Jungle who I got at around 6 months old which was about 1ft. Within around a 4 month time frame it has grown to 3 - 3.5ft. Had about 10 feeds it's whole life and two sheds, until I got it. Still looked in good condition.

A female Murray Darling who I got at around 3 months old and had decent feed and shed history. Has been a good feeder for the most part, still refuses a feed every now and again. Is around 3.5 - 4ft and failry thick.

A male Murray Darling who is the brother to the above female and also had decent feed and shed history. Got him for some mates though. Lets just say he wasn't trated the best and he has missed about 4 months of feeding. Is around 2 - 2.5ft and a lot thinner.

Not Coastals but still... That should give you a pretty good idea.

There is (sorry, was, last time I checked) a 14 month old Diamond on Gumtree who is 14 months old and 30cm and looks very thin. Gets a pinky mouse a week from what I remember correctly. I feel so sorry for it. Thinking about buying it/getting it off them.

Oh I forgot to add. Currently I am feeding the female MD once a week on a Sub-Adult Rat and the Jungle once a week on a Weaner Rat. I fed them every five days up to six months old then every six days up to nine months old.
I still feed the male MD every five days on Fuzzy Rats at the moment as I believe he has some catching up to do.

I tried to buy that diamond for my 1st snake as I noticed it was very small for its age, unfortunately the seller never replied to any of my messages.

View attachment 273278View attachment 273279View attachment 273280

Poofy is about 12 yr old now ,roughly 12-13 kg and has slowed down with his growing .He will polish off 1kg of food at a time .He loves his food and even at this size he is lightning fast when taking food from your hand .Even though he is big there are bigger ones on APS .

Shes gorgeous!
She took the velvet on her last feed no problems so will see if she'll take another next week! Thanks guys!

I have a coastal that's 2.5m. He gets 2 extra large rats a fortnight and easily would go for more. But his cage is 1100mm L, 600mm H, and 500mm W .. he doesn't move around much in the cage because I let him out everyday for about an hour or more to climb the trees and stuff. But is that big enough and the right food. Its hard to know when every website tell different!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back