Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here in Liverpool it got to 45.5,I started early closed all windows and curtains on eastern and northern sides turned off all heat lamps turned fan on (no A/C) but it still got to 35 inside which is okay for beardies

frozen water bottles do wonders... my rats received 1 frozen water bottle once it hit 35, then when that was melted i replaced with a new 1... only had to use 2bottles for each tub over the day... rat shed got up to 43.

1 frozen water bottle for my adult snake rack tubs for the day (worked a treat) and for the larger cages i just added in an extra water bowl.

couldn't keep the incubator at 31.5 tho... but i did manage to stop it getting any hotter than 32.5 (again using frozen bottles).

condolences to the unlucky few who lost some friends in the heatwave,I think most of us have had this happen to us,I once cooked a 4yo bluey outside and had my first central die at 3yo of heatstroke and he was inside

Whenever I see any of my snakes resting in water bowls it's time to give them a cool bath and a plastic tub near the air con :D

In this case it was my tassie. She loves a bath :lol:

IMG_6503_zps2c2a1a64.jpg

IMG_6502_zpsf03a738d.jpg

my way to stay cool is connect the fan up to the end of my sleeping bag. just gotta lay back and BAM heat and humidty and GONE. so nice at night

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back