how to make ur cages look nice??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilegirl_jordan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i was wondering how do i make my tank look really nice but simple,i dunno but i think my tanks look ok,but how does everyone else make theres look good???
thanks

plenty of foliage, fake rock walls that you buy or make your own it's easy enough. Or if your artistic paint a mural on the inside I've done it to a few of mine. Fake grass always makes them look better although a bit of a pain to clean so have more than one piece. Also those fake vines and plants make them look really good too. Also branches with a couple of coats of varnish and left to air out for a while look a treat too. Hope this helps.

Allana :)

do my tanks look good or not,i wanna know the truth
000_0083.jpg

000_0087.jpg

000_0085.jpg

The sticks and logs are a great start. Maybe some fake plants, a few large logs or rocks and a different substrate. Fake grass, as mentioned above, is always good.

Hey there,

It is good to hear someone interested in spending a bit to actually make their snake enclosure look like an environment rather than a box with a couple of sticks and a water bowl.

Fake backgrounds is a start, it ads a significant 3rd dimension to the enclosure, giving somewhere for them to climb. These are pretty important in a tall enclosure especially, or else you are going to be having branches running everwhere, which is not all that bad.

A more natural substrate, so different type of river rocks, bark, depending on the animal even some types of sand.

There are many things that you can do, just look at the natural world and copy that. I wouldnt be using live plants just use the fake ones.

Have fun

If you want to see some awesome enclosures, some of the US enclosures i have seen are the best around, check out the latest Reptile magazine, the US one there are some awesome enclosures in there.

Attachments

• woma.jpg
    woma.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Glass tank.jpg
    Glass tank.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 185
  • DP Enclosure 008.jpg
    DP Enclosure 008.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 125
Hey there,

It is good to hear someone interested in spending a bit to actually make their snake enclosure look like an environment rather than a box with a couple of sticks and a water bowl.

Fake backgrounds is a start, it ads a significant 3rd dimension to the enclosure, giving somewhere for them to climb. These are pretty important in a tall enclosure especially, or else you are going to be having branches running everwhere, which is not all that bad.

A more natural substrate, so different type of river rocks, bark, depending on the animal even some types of sand.

There are many things that you can do, just look at the natural world and copy that. I wouldnt be using live plants just use the fake ones.

Have fun

If you want to see some awesome enclosures, some of the US enclosures i have seen are the best around, check out the latest Reptile magazine, the US one there are some awesome enclosures in there.
thanks

I've posted pics of these before and theres another one beardie one done which i forgot to load pics up last night LOL...

I dont think mine look too bad.... they are very simple and very easy to clean and safe substrate wise... they can look alot better if you add some more foliage and some rocks etc to make mine look heaps better....

Its quite easy to create, with the tiles as substrate (or substrate of your choice), a nice clean branch or log, some fake foliage (you can attach these very easily to your enclosure with a little eye hook/s from bunnings).... perhaps either paint the inside (non toxic water based from bunnings, i use dulux billiard green) or get a fake rock wall or laminted background... also there are some nice fake rock hides available as well as water bowls...

You have a great start there... let us know how you go :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

This is my beardie enclosure. Just get some branches, astroturf and some plants and it spices things up. It's been changed a bit now as I am putting a snake in there so there's bigger fake plants and whatnot.

Picture170.jpg

Hey reptilegirl_jordan
It looks like you're off to a great start.
Some bark substrate, lot's of fake silk plants, and a fake rock wall are mostly all that's required to make a snake enclosure look the part.
I guess it all depends on how much time and monet you are prepared to invest. to give your enclosure that WOW factor.

One of my enclosures is pictured below

Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_3202-resized.jpg
    IMG_3202-resized.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 144
Yeh I think your enclosure looks fine, the main difference I can see between yours and the others posted is the amount of green. I reckon that helps the aesthetics a lot.

hey where do you get those big leaf plant things and the other stuff from?

I was told you need to treat the sticks and logs you get from outside before you put them in the tank, is this right? And also should I put a stick in my clck-clack for my hatchling to climb on or does that only happen when I move her to a bigger tank?

hey
heres a pic of my snake cage me and my dad built it it only took a weekend

Attachments

• 000_0228.jpg
    000_0228.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 105
the big leaves and stuff i get from The Warehouse and other junk shops just make sures there no wire showing etc...

I use ebay stuff for vines but SlothHead's online store has some good ones i think its called We Have It All or something??? should be on the sponsors list....

And yes I treat my logs etc with Repti-Clean, Mite Spray and bioling water just to be sure.... but if its small enough to fit in the oven you can chuck it in there on high heat for a few minutes will do the trick....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back