how to make ur cages look nice??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told you need to treat the sticks and logs you get from outside before you put them in the tank, is this right? And also should I put a stick in my clck-clack for my hatchling to climb on or does that only happen when I move her to a bigger tank?

I soak my branches in the bath in a solution of Vetinary Grade disinfectant (called F10sc) and water for a couple of days, then dry it out and then install in the enclosure. This seems to get rid of all the creepy crawlies

yeah all i do is hose of the dirt n crap then i soak it in boiling water. n that does the trick.......
also to make your enclosure look a little better is different substrate fake grass, bark, wood chips ect, but apart from that it looks great..

hey jordan go to an op shop and i can almost guarantee that you will find awesome fake plants and branches used in flower arrangments and there mega cheap.thats what i use and everyone thinks they look great.

Hey reptilegirl_jordan
It looks like you're off to a great start.
Some bark substrate, lot's of fake silk plants, and a fake rock wall are mostly all that's required to make a snake enclosure look the part.
I guess it all depends on how much time and monet you are prepared to invest. to give your enclosure that WOW factor.

One of my enclosures is pictured below

Good luck

hry did u make ur background???

My Double Enclosure

This enclosure has a removable centre so I can use it as a 2000mm x 600mm x 800mm if I so wish. Both sides are heated seperately.

Attachments

• DSCF7939.jpg
    DSCF7939.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 67
Some of the best looking enclosures are those that closely replicate a snapshot of the natural habitat of the species. Put alot of thought into it, look at as many pictures of the area as you can, if possible even visit the area. Really the possibilities are endless.

In my opinion there is nothing more hideous than seeing a display enclosure with a fake rock wall, astroturf substrate, a fake hide and matching waterbowl, and the typical fake ivy housing something like a bearded dragon. Imagine the reaction of the general public if thats how many zoos designed their display enclosures. What my vision of a display enclosures is something replicating the natural habitat of a species in as much detail as possible. Something like an inland taipan on a gibber plain or similar. Another one of my pet peeves- spotted pythons being housed on red sand with the complementing sheep skull.

Some of the european hobbyists have some spectacular looking display enclosures, so looking at some photos of them may give you some ideas. Of course, it goes without saying, that the more the enclosure replicates the natural habitat, the more work involved for the keeper in the long term maintenance of such an enclosure.

Hey i thinkk your cages look simpe and clean but it would be much nicer with a lttle bit more colour in but other wise its pretty neat and to everyone else i think all your cages are very pretty lol cya
<3sarah

any info

hey sneakypete in your opinion what is the best substrate for a jungle (atherton) python. Im trying to get as much info so i can do up my enclosure before i bring my baby home..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back