Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

graedesire

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I found my way here when I was doing a bit of research. Looking at getting a pet snake sometime (probably BHP, it's what the other half wants, I was swinging towards woma) in the near future. I've had many different pets over the years. Never had a snake though (had a few different lizards though). I'm also looking into Geckos. What type? I don't know that's why I'm here:) That was the lil compromise we had, he gets the BHP if I get my geckos. Long term I would like to breed them for the challenge. Short term - Make sure I can look after them!! :) So that's me! Any and all advice and opinions regarding all of that is appreciated:)

hello and welcome, i was tossing up between woma and bhp and went woma due to believing they were a bit more easy going which he is (exept for tea time ha ha ). snake man rob bredl describes them as the most easy going python and snake ranch website says bhp are not quite in the same class as womas as far as handling go. but the more you read on here you will see the same species of snake can be easy going or bitey it depends on the individual snake. im sure there will be heaps of bhp owners will say they are the most mellow snake

Welcome,as for you choice,BHPs are GREAT pythons to own,they are terrific feeders,can grow fast.They can do some hissing and headbutting but generally its all bluff.Ive also got Womas,they are also great eaters,sometimes can bite the tongs-hand-fingers at dinner time..But generally the Aspidities are excellent pythons to own..

Welcome to APS. If you are looking for a great gecko that is easy to keep, have a look at the levis levis.

i was tossing up between woma and bhp and went woma due to believing they were a bit more easy going
I generally don't pay too much attention to the temperament talk about any animal unless something gets a real bashing. Each animal is individual and I figure if i treat em good they are more likely to do the same:) Although on a side note my partner's work mate has a couple of both and said the Womas are a bit more aggro for her I believe.

Welcome to APS. If you are looking for a great gecko that is easy to keep, have a look at the levis levis.
Thank ye. They have already caught my eye :) I read on another post on here that the book keeping australian geckos is quite useful so I've just purchased that on ebay:)

Thank ye for the welcome all:)

Hi, and welcome, I would recommend a BHP,I keep both womas and BHPs and I have to say my BHP has the better temperament, I had a male woma as well and he was an awesome snake to handle. Unfortunately the female is a temperamental so and so and bites anything that moves. If you start with a hatchy, and handle him/her everyday, the BHP, will be an enjoyable python to own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back