Howdy from Canada

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow thats an awesome looking set up!

i really like ball pythons =] but i think its just wanting what i cant have...

Illegal in Aus :) can't have exotics

What?! What defines exotic? Do you mean that in Australia you can only keep native species??

Edit: wow, I just did some searching on the forum and I guess you can't have anything that isn't native. That seems bizarre to me because I never considered any place would disallow perfectly safe pets as long as they're only kept captive. I thought the whole world was saturated with ball python breeding.

Last edited:
nup not australia =] were lucky we have so many awesome native reps

probably a good thing though, just look whats happening in america with captive pythons escaping/being released...

What?! What defines exotic? Do you mean that in Australia you can only keep native species??

Edit: wow, I just did some searching on the forum and I guess you can't have anything that isn't native. That seems bizarre to me because I never considered any place would disallow perfectly safe pets as long as they're only kept captive. I thought the whole world was saturated with ball python breeding.

that nuthin, a few years back keeping reptiles was illegal (well in WA anyway when i used to visit Perth)

Why was my post deleted as "intolerance of other user"

I was clearly joking and poking fun at the reputation of Americans being stupid...hence why I spelled everything wrong and posted links of dumb things/statistics about Americans...

The guy said something about we don't think Canadians are Americans in terms of ignorance...and then I posted links and made a joke about Americans being dumb...How is that "intolerance of other user"

I think in general most Canadians dislike being assumed to be Americans because the American government (not the people) have given them a controversial reputation around the world. Lots of Canadians try to be overtly Canadian when travelling to make sure people know the difference. :)

I have a lot of really good friends who are American. Most of the dispute between Canadians and our neighbours are regarding political and cultural issues (foreign affairs, religious attitudes, drug enforcement attitudes).

Unfortunately it is the moronic southern states that give America a bad name to the rest of the world. In many places people seem to think that all Americans act like Texans :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back