Huge Dog dilemma

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i say if someones stupid enough to stick their hand in a dog fight they probably deserve to get bitten.

not that that helps you though, sorry to hear that, sounds really messy. Hope it all turns out well in the long run,....

Thanks everyone for your support, ill keep you all updated on what happens...

just chucking in my support again :) thinking of you and yours!

oh and weetbix, we're all entitled to our opinion, so fairs fair that you have yours. but that was obviously not the suggestion midnight was looking for... wouldn't matter to me what my dogs had done were i in midnight's position, i would fight for them. as far as i'm concerned all dogs will be vicious with other dogs given the right circumstances, just a shame the bloke that got bitten was silly enough to get in the way.

good luck good luck good luck!

Thanks again. The odds of my dogs biting/attacking anything is about the same as everybodies dogs. And the rangers told me that since its been raining alot lately they are working overtime to deal with dog attacks on dogs, as they are all able to dig out of the yards.
My side fence is just been constantly wet enought to have it rot away.

Ok, Another update....and its more bad news...

Since all this stuff happened and the dogs have been chained, Cheif (Border Collie) had a complete additude change and was going hey-wire every time he heard a dog back (even in the distance), He was to the point where he would be tugging on the chain and flipping around when a dog was nearby, which even scared me. So, i made the most toughest decision to surrender him to the pound, where unfortunately he was euthanised. IMO there was no sure way i could guarantee i could contain Cheif when he reacted so badly to other dogs and was so determined to get to them. Therefore, i chose to be better safe than sorry and hand him over.

Tony (Bull Terrier) is his usual self and is happily to tolerate other dogs, when the two were together Cheif called the shots and he is simply a follower. He is next to me right now and i am going to have to take him to the vet to treat for kennel cough, as he was coughing pretty bad earlier.

So, sad sad day. My Little Cheif is gone forever..........

Oh midnightserval that's awful! I hope you're ok!
Makes me wonder what happened to the poor boy when he was out.
I really hope everything is ok with your Tony now.

So sorry to hear that. I spend as many hours as i can in a day with my dogs around people and other dogs, livestock so i hope i can trust them. they did get out a few months back and i was a mess for about 6 hours as they are pig dogs i knew if anything went wrong i would to be blame. found them in the park where i do most of their training having a great old time. Again i feel for your loss i dont know what i would do without my dogs,

Gawd...that sucks.
Bull terriers are restricted breeds so you're going to have a huge battle on your hands...

Good luck with everything!

Bull terriers arnt restricted, thats pitbulls.
Tony should be fine now, as Cheif was at fault for both times.
Yes its really hard, but i dont think it has truely sunk in yet....
I dont know how im going to tell the family etc.

Dont know how far it is in nsw yet but the list of restricted breeds is getting longer and longer and way out of control. There was talk of even corgies bein restricted go figure that one.

Serious? Thats rediculous. I believe cross-breeds pose the biggest threat to people, especially if theres chihuahua in there somewhere, those buggers are psychotic.

Ok, Tatlina, i take it back. Just in case im wrong.....

Ok, Tatlina, i take it back. Just in case im wrong.....

You are. Bull terriers are 100% restricted. This stupid BSL (breed specific legislation) crap has German Sheperds, and Rottis in it's sight as well...it's ridiculous.
If I was you, I would research all that I could about BSL and how it affects your loved pets. It can seriously turn around and bite you on the ***. :(

http://www.edba.org.au/
http://www.victimsofbsl.com/
http://www.dogslife.com.au/dogs_life_articles?cid=9446&pid=146514

If you get any of your dogs declared a dangerous dog you'll have to make an enclosed run at your place for them to stay in when you're not home. So be careful and put padlocks on your gates so no idiots can let them out again.

P.s. I haven't read the whole thread so don't know what's been going on in your situation.

Well, since Cheifs gone they wont be classed as dangerous, but i am going to cage Tony properly anyway, to avoid any future crap

Ok just read up on the BSL thing, what a absolute crock of *&^&*!!! Next theyll be banning coloured kids from going to school cos they risk injuring the other students.....

Midnight, that is sooo sad, I'm sorry for your loss, I know what it's like tohave to make a decision like that, it's the worst thing in the world.
Good luck with Tony and his cough, hope it's not a drawn out expensive visit for you, you've really not had a good week. Hope it gets much better.

Thanks to everyone.......
I will survive, i lost my first dog to the pound too, but that was cos of a money issue that i couldnt bail her out. To this day i dont know if she was adopted or put down.

so sorry for your loss we went through it a few years ago when our malamute killed a little dog and then a girl tried to break in and he bit her. He was never the same and we hade to have him put to sleep.
Its not easy

Ok middy sorry to hear this sad news.
Did the said attack happen at the railway station where there is possibly CCTV footage. This maybe an avenue to pursue just in case this bloke walks over and lays the boots in to your dog them gets bitten. Just a thought , might provide a decent defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back