I got a new bobtail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardman59

Reaction score
heres some pics also i noticed when he got home in his enclosure he started to sneeze and he closed his eye and there was a bit snot around it can you tell me what to do:| also he he wasnt sneezing at the reptile place i got him from and he didnt sneeze in the car on the way home my substrate is pine shavings it is the same substrate they had at the shop:|

Attachments

• DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 121
How pretty, I have never seen one that colour before. Is he a specific locale?

no i dont know how old she is or the locality reptile trader got this girl in a couple weeks ago but this was the last girl with the nice head the rest were black with orange brown bits on the head not that pretty and they also had pale colours. This girls actually half way through shed!

It's a more than likely Perth Coastal. sneezing is not to much of a worry, how much snot? going by the pics he looks fine as long as there isn't a constant discharge from nose or mouth. Make sure hes got a nice hot basking spot. I would try and use a lamp rather than the rock.

They seem to sneeze on the pine shavings, must be something to do with the dust content. I moved mine onto a sand base with a healthy amount of clean, dry leaf litter & it seems to have solved the issue.
Hope that helps!

what a crackin snausage!!! JEALOUS!!!!

(at work atm, i'll put up the enclosure pix u requested tonight,..) :p

Beautiful shingleback, congrats! And yes, I'd second the comments that the sneezing is most likely due to the dust/fine airborne particles from the pine shavings, just keep an eye on him to ensure things don't get any worse.

okay thanks guys ill see if its because of the dust if it doesnt stop

hey, its not letting me post enclosure pix,.. :(

PM me ur email addy again and i'll send them that way! :p

okay ill keep a eye on him but so far its nothing serious i might change to sand and see how that works out ill post a bobtail enclosure thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back