I got my new python!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unprotected lights become a danger to snakes when the light turns off and they still want the heat, so they wrap themselves around the globe and burn themselves on it. I'm not a fan of thermostats, but light cages are definitely something I recommend.

Unprotected lights become a danger to snakes when the light turns off and they still want the heat, so they wrap themselves around the globe and burn themselves on it. I'm not a fan of thermostats, but light cages are definitely something I recommend.

I explained why I didn't have light cages in another thread, but I'll tell you anyway, when my UV light is off Flynn sometimes curls up around it but when I turn it on I take him off and he won't go back on knowing that it is hot, he tried inspecting the infrared but backed up immediately and didn't even touch it, he doesn't go near the lights when they are turned on, but if he is as I said i just take him off.

With that being said, when I get my thermo I am going to get a better globe with light cages :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back