I love my shingles!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
these guys are just soooo awesome,...!!

i re arranged their enclosure cos the smaller pair seemed a bit intimidated by the bigger pair and did nothing but hide, the substrate was all red desert sand which was getting in their eyes, and they werent using the basking platform cos the big ones were hogging it, there fore they werent eating unless i hand fed them.

so my solution was to move the sand to the far end and cover it with wood chips, seperated with pavers, the rest is newspaper and paper towels, i made tunnels everywhere to make them feel safe, and dump piles of salad in the corners on the paper towels. to entice them to use their basking platform i made them a cave there too,..and success, theyre all out basking together when i get home from work, piles of salad are disapperaring and everyone is happy!!

first pic is the old setup before, the rest are new.shinglesenclsoure.jpgshingle right.jpglovemyboy.jpgshingle left.jpgnewshinglerock2.jpg

exploringshingle.jpglittleoneexploring.jpgtheyre so inquisitive, they love coming out and exploring, the older pair are constantly at teh glass wanting to come out fro an adventure,...i'll get a pic of teh big boy in the shoe pile tonight, he spent over an hour playing in there last night (im guessing at boy, cos he acts like a boy)

and they love their bearded pillows as much as the beardies love their lumpy black pillows, its such a treat to wake up to this every morning,..! ;)

Attachments

• pillows.jpg
    pillows.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 155
  • awwwwww.jpg
    awwwwww.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 215
  • beardy pillow.jpg
    beardy pillow.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 141
Chris, they are just too gorgeous all sleeping together! That 2nd last pic is a cracker LOL! Your house is so lizard-friendly it's not funny. Glad to see they've settled in no worries. Love the pics, thanks for posting. :)
Nic

Haha that 2nd last pic is awesome.
They look quite young, may I ask who they came from?
I'd love another rugosus asper as a friend for mine.

thanks Nic,....i hope they see it as lizard heaven on earth, either way they seem pretty happy which makes me happy! :)

Willet, i think theyre just rugosa rugosas, (not rugosa asper)
Theyre from Beeman, who has been an absolute legend in answering PMs etc,...! :) (thanks again Craig)
and they are young, bigger pair born on the 17th March, smaller pair 20th April. :)

thanks James! :)

I love what you did with the enclosure it looks great.
and the pics are awesome!.

thanks guys! :)

theyre great little critters, highly recommended to anyone thinking of getting some!! :)

Chris, your threads always seem to make me smile.

Very well done. When I die, I seriously want to come back as animal in your tender loving care. ;)

Do they line themselves up like that for sleeping? ;) That's amazing!

Lovely pics and set-up, Chris. You're right - they all look really happy :D

thanks Punisher and Kristy,..! :)

Kristy, somedays theyre scattered all over the beanbag, others they line up where the heat bags are, makes every morning exciting for me! :)

Hehe, love them! Glad to see another fan of the little pinecone lizards - they really deserve a lot more attention, they're brilliant little guys! Love the pictures of your shingles using the army of beardies as furniture! Mine does the same to my blue tongue!
IMGP1147.jpg

aww, gorgeous pic ladyJ,...now that i have some im really surprised how underrated they are!! :)

on my way home, i love getting home early enough to play with them before dinner,..i think there might be time for another roachy feed,..!! :)

Quite a few of us started with Shingle Backs and Beardeds, myself included, and I couldn't agree more (although people seem to be coming around. If I had the space I would have a few myself. Your set up looks fantastic a lot of thought and creative thinking went in to that.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back