I Need Crickets!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey peoples,just wondering who you've found the quickest and most reliable in having crickets delivered?I just got a pair of young amyae and one isn;'t looking too crash hot and won't take a woodie which is what i was advised to feed and crickets were a pain because of noise etc but i believe all reptiles need a little variety in their diet as they would in the wild.Well since then i've found out they apparently prefer crickets as youngsters and they love em.....so can anyone please recommend somewhere that can freight overnight?Thanks...

I'll get in touch with animalattraction and Matt should be able to sort something out quickly.How do others deal with the noise crickets make?I was told to seperate males from females and put the males away from the house as it's the males that make all the racket.

Browns mate, anyone who complains about crickets chirping is just winging, unless you have a tonne of boxes, the noise isn't that bad at all(actually quite soothing ;) ) And they won't start making sound till their adults, so if your only ordering small or medium don't worry.

Good to see you have them feeding browns,ile one container of large crix and feed them all off to little monitors straight away.Did keep some a few nights once browns and yeh they tend to sing but it was pleasant like sleeping in the bush.Someone up your way will be able to help you get crix mate.Would like to see some pix of your little gex sometime. :D

You get used to the chirping, it's no where near as loud or annoying as a black cricket.

I spend more on crickets every week than my wife spends on groceries to feed 3 people. The problem I have is getting the right size. One week they are too small and the next too big and not enough in between. Find somewhere that has 4 sizes if you can.

Browns, you can order from Pisces direct if you sign up as a breeder. However, they take orders on Monday and dispatch Tues for Wed delivery. That is the earliest you can get them.
I believe Matt gets his from there as well, so you would be waiting till THURS to get them.
There is a guy called Rob Porter in QLD who you may be able to pick up from? From memory he dispatches on Wednesdays for Thursday delivery.
Or there is a guy called Lee in SA who dispatches Tues for Wed delivery and you collect from your local airport. I have found him to have the BEST service, along with prices for insects and freight. He sells woodies, mealies and roaches.
PM me if you want their contact dets ;)
Good luck!!
Bex

I have ordered from Matt many times with feeder insects, and he usually sends Monday afternoon and I receive by Tuesday via express post. I have to get the order in Sunday night/Monday morning. This is the best way I get them if needed quickly and I can't access a pet store. He does good prices for bulk.

Pisces apparently need customers to have an ABN now, that's what they told me. It's recently changed.

Oh really?? How annoying!!
There you go Browns - if Matt can get them to you - go with that!

Hey guys thanks heaps for your replies and recommendtions,much appreciated!! Well went for a drive to pick up 2 female N levis and was in luck as there was a petshop open with crickets and all sorts of reptile accessoriess,a few beardeds and blueys as well as stimsons on display..i was going to take my cam in and get some pics as thepet shop had a girl on in the reptile section who knew enough about reptiles and keeps them herself who was giving good advice to many people in the reptile section.The pics would've been good to show as everything was immaculate and the way it should be and this is a big pet shop with everything so having a good reptile section was great to see!!!

[/quote]Browns mate, anyone who complains about crickets chirping is just winging, unless you have a tonne of boxes, the noise isn't that bad at all(actually quite soothing )
Yeah Dicco this is only what i was told and i put up with all sorte of noises that are much more annoying than i'm guessing a cricket wouls be.I got tons of room to put them awy far enough not to hear em if they are annoying!!! I went to feed the off colour little amyae with the crickets and man are those little mothers jumpy and quick.I lost a heap in seconds and trying to catch em was a waste of time but would've been funny to watch :lol:

Someone asked for a pic of the geckos in another thread i can't remember so here's one of my baby amyae and one female levis....

2005_0527amyaes0147.jpg

2005_0529levisbhpetc0126.jpg

They look great mate, and you gonna have to get used to chasing the crickets. Top looking gecko's.

Gorgeous knob tails browns! I'd love to get some, especially amyae, laevissimus and wheeleri (come on CALM!) :D

Hey Browns love the pic of the nob tail - shame that they would not survive my young boys or I'd get a pair....

I lost a heap in seconds and trying to catch em was a waste of time

Try putting the crix in the fridge for about 10-15 before feeding them off. It slows them down enough so that you don't end up with them all over the house.

Any more pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back