i sold a snake now thay dont want him and want me to take him back

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a breeder I have not had anyone want to return a python to date and I have sold many over the years.
But if they did ask me I would take the python back.
I know that many breeders on do spent a lot of time talking with new keepers.
and when I sell a python to a young person I always talk with their parents to ensure that they want a python in the home and understand what is required regarding keeping the animal,
you did the right thing

she's only 17, your better off developing a reputation of a nice keeper that cares about the animals and the people caring them then someone who think only about the money.
yes it was silly of her to go behind peoples backs, but in the end, she learned her lesson and will come back to pythons knowing that there are nice keepers around.

Yer its good dealing with breeders who understand where you are coming from sometimes...
Depeneds on whats going on...

Im dealing with my first now and he is A+++ Get my jungle girl soon.. =)

cheers...

I am led to believe that you must get approval from DECCW to transfer/dispose of an animal if you have had it less than six months.

Since it was only given to her yesterday, probably, neither have sent the paper work off and it won't matter

she's only 17, your better off developing a reputation of a nice keeper that cares about the animals and the people caring them then someone who think only about the money.
yes it was silly of her to go behind peoples backs, but in the end, she learned her lesson and will come back to pythons knowing that there are nice keepers around.

I agree D3pro. Yes, it was silly what she did. But having a reputaion for being a decent and understanding seller/breeder etc will go a long way.A myriad of situations can happen and should be judged accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it was only given to her yesterday, probably, neither have sent the paper work off and it won't matter
i know in vic there is no paper work to send in if both the buyer and seller are in the same state . they just fill out there log book, then every april u fill in a " return to the wild " form and sent that in to DSE.

Hi ive now reples to this twice here because this kind of thing really concerns me, I agree with most other people here, and that the snake is the one of priority, and I dont think this girl should have him atall, and what was your reason for not wanting him:cry:

You did the right thing mate. I would not of taken half the money from a young girl as punishment, as this to me gives the wrong impression to newbies in the first place about this hobby. In saying that though if it was someone experienced and had been keeping for a while things would be slightly different.

It is not about the money at all, this buyer needs to deal with the consequences of her being deceitful,
going behind her parents back to a breeder to purchase an animal. This animal has now had to be returned to
the breeder. This has put the breeder in an awkward situation which is not fair.

Young people now have no care or worries with the ramifications of their actions...... BECAUSE, they know
that OTHER PEOPLE will pick up the pieces for them and make it all ok. Well this girl has shown a lack of respect
for not only the breeder but also her parents.

MAYBE, she would respect people more if she had to deal with the concequences of her actions?

It is not about the money at all, this buyer needs to deal with the consequences of her being deceitful,
going behind her parents back to a breeder to purchase an animal. This animal has now had to be returned to
the breeder. This has put the breeder in an awkward situation which is not fair.

Young people now have no care or worries with the ramifications of their actions...... BECAUSE, they know
that OTHER PEOPLE will pick up the pieces for them and make it all ok. Well this girl has shown a lack of respect
for not only the breeder but also her parents.

MAYBE, she would respect people more if she had to deal with the concequences of her actions?

It's up to her parents to teach her these values, not the herp community ;)

He did the right thing by himself and his reputation as a seller in doing the compassionate thing by the buyer, and the right thing by the animal.

I have to agree that the snake comes first and that you should take it back immediately, ( I don't think there are any "real" quarantine issues to be overly concerned with....BUT, I would hold on to $50 which I would refund back to the initial buyer once the snake has been sold, minus any costs incurred, (that you have clearly explained to the other party).
I think that this way there is a learning point being made, there is minimal cost incurred to the seller, (if any), you have conveyed positive feelings between seller and buyer with your intentions, and hopefully it will all "come out in the wash" as balanced and fair.

lol Kristy_07 , its not just your parents you need to learn lessons from.

Ora na azu nwa.

That means it takes an entire community to raise a single child. There is so much more that a kids needs to learn than what the parents can teach.

It's up to her parents to teach her these values, not the herp community ;)

He did the right thing by himself and his reputation as a seller in doing the compassionate thing by the buyer, and the right thing by the animal.

lol Kristy_07 , its not just your parents you need to learn lessons from.

Ora na azu nwa.

That means it takes an entire community to raise a single child. There is so much more that a kids needs to learn than what the parents can teach.

Then I would rather be a teacher that leads from the front, displaying good morals and behaviour and compassion towards others, rather than finger waggling, financial punishment, and humiliation.

Lol.... Maybe we should start a thread about disciplining children?? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back