i sold a snake now thay dont want him and want me to take him back

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just what I would do, but that's because we are pedantic about quarantine with our collections.
LOL, and who wouldn't be pedantic with that collection....8) :lol:

I agree mate, she has purchased it and "UNLESS" it was different to what you advertised, or you both agreed on a certain trait and that animal wasn't what was agreed on, I personally wouldn't take it back. She can wait the 6 months and sell it herself. JMO

Tricky situation trento..... Apart from whether or not to give her the money back, that's your decision, but my main concern would definitely be to quarantine the animal once it came back. Once an animal is out of your home, you have no idea who or what it's been in contact with......
I hope you have quarantined him away from the rest of your animals.
I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but if that was us,,,,, there is no way an animal would come back to us and just go back into the collection to be sold again .... It would go into quarantine for the next twelve months, during which time it wouldn't be able to be sold, just to be on the safe side (we wouldn't risk our collection or reputation) .... therefore out of pocket for the next 12 months if you've refunded all the money ..... so hmmmmmm, tricky situation.
That's just what I would do, but that's because we are pedantic about quarantine with our collections.

I totally agree, and it isn't fair to expect the breeder to foot the bill for a snake in quarantine for 12 months.

Something id mention and I dont know if this happens with snakes is when I have a litter of puppies I give a care sheet and also a contract. With puppies it is a bit mroe complicated bcause you can have congential defects etc that can show up at later stages. I also talk about people 'changing their minds" BEFORE they take the pup. I explain to them that they can bring the puppy back and that i will take it back and on sell it again to another home and that I will retain half the money that they have paid for the pup because of the inconvenience costs etc of them bringing the pup back. I also inisit upon meeting the entire family and if i so much as get one vibe that a family member...particularly the mother (who usually ends up picking up the slack of the work to have to pup) is a bit in two minds I wont sell them the pup.

So I guess what I am saying is maybe it is worth having these conversations BEFORE the snake is sold and having a written contract they sign. After issues i had with my first litter I am really careful now to talk about EVERYTHING and it has meant that things have gone really smoothly for me when I sell pups. So I imagine if I do make the decision to have a clutch of snakes I will approach things the same way,

Elizabeth

Ajh the first person to make some sense as an ex breeder of Alaskan Malamutes. THe guy should have spoken to teh parents of this girl first. Too many breeders on here are only in it for the money. I loved to breed my mals so they would win in the show ring that was my buzz. As for reptiles they take more care and the parents needed to be involved so imo the breeder didn't care was just after trhe sale

Ajh the first person to make some sense as an ex breeder of Alaskan Malamutes. THe guy should have spoken to teh parents of this girl first. Too many breeders on here are only in it for the money. I loved to breed my mals so they would win in the show ring that was my buzz. As for reptiles they take more care and the parents needed to be involved so imo the breeder didn't care was just after trhe sale

How can you say that? How can you make the assumption and judge the seller saying he is in it for the money?? In my opinion a 17 year old is old enough to be responsible in asking parents permission first. I do not know the seller personally so i can not make judgement either.

Also depending on how many reptiles a seller breeds per season is also ALOT different to one or 2 litters of dogs??? How many dogs would you breed per year? Some people on this site will breed hundredsd of reptiles a season, are you saying that each seller should have family references and a criminal record check before each sale? and that if you do not do this then you are a greedy breeder ?? hahaha

He took it back free of charge how on Earth can you say he is in it just for the money!?!?!

Agreed with what everyone else said above, but also, you think a python requires "more care," and requires parental involvement more than an Alaskan Malamute? If this is the case, I need to get hold of one of your dogs!

Either that or your dogs are neglected? Dogs less care and maintenance than a snake? Iv'e heard it all now lol

Pretty sure as a condition of the DECC, that the snake must be owned for 6 months before sale/resale.
Some people just dont think of all the implications.Good luck mate.

Yeh proberbly bit her, how about taking it back on consignment or something.
You should get something for the hassle.

People should learn to take responsiblitys for their actions, & think thru serious responsibiltys such as pet owner ship be it a reptile, cat, dog etc. In short make them deal with it not your problem.

mate take him back and quarantine him. then re-sell to someone with more experience with snakes or actually wants a snake. only refund half cause your not a charity. good luck mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back