I think my snake has broke its jaw??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
I have just this minute fed my stimi in a click clack. She gets snappy and bites the tub but his is all normal for her. After eating it i went to check on her and she snaped at the plastic tub. But she did it that hard that the bottom jaw at the front is now bent up odly. She is rubbing her face all over the tub and sticking her tongue out for lengthy moments and licking the ground.

What do i do?

If its broken i can't fix her. Can it heal on its own? Will she possibly need to be put to sleep???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like it could be dislocated! but just keep checking on her! if its not back to normal say tomorrow! see ur vet!

i just took these photo's. Her tongue is flicking in and out as per normal. She has re-alined her jaws as i watched her do it. Its like she now has an over bite :(

IMG_1769.jpg IMG_1768.jpg IMG_1771.jpg

i watched her "yawn" and the bottom lip kept the dented shape.

She came at me with such force when she hit the plastic tub :(

does it look bad? I havent put her back in her cage yet as i am worried her substrate might get caught in her mouth. I actually dont know what to do with her right now...

- - - Updated - - -

here's another one ....

IMG_1773.jpg

Yup, as Ramsayi says. Seems to happen often enough. I usually just let them work it out by themselves, but you could also give her a feed and usually it will help.

She is still in her feeding tub and looks like she could easily make room for another mouse.

so you think its her bottom lip just folded over on a tooth?

She's an adult, shall i give her a fuzzy to make it easy for her or another full grown mouse??

i was gonna say give her more food! it happens to mine every now and then, i usually just put them back in there tanks and by morning its back to normal!

Yeah, just stuck on a tooth. I would just give her what she normally eats.

This is a big reason why I like to feed in their cages. Less stress so they don't feel the need to smash the side of the tub whether they're hungry or when it's time to pick them back up, etc.

I do.You can pinch her bottom lip where it is hooked and gently pull it up a bit to unhook it from the tooth.

i might just give her another mouse instead. I am not confident in messing with snakes mouths. She's in "feeding mode" right now and i know i'll get bitten.

ok, i'll go feed her again. Thanks for the advice! :)
I really appreciate it :D

i might just give her another mouse instead. I am not confident in messing with snakes mouths. She's in "feeding mode" right now and i know i'll get bitten.

ok, i'll go feed her again. Thanks for the advice! :)
I really appreciate it :D

Not if you hold its head.
Feeding her again will get it unhooked because it will most likely break her tooth off.

....just fed her another mouse and her mouth now looks normal again :D
I watched her mouth close up and as she finished it, i couldn't see a tiny tooth on that side of her jaw. I could see one on the other side as clear as day. So looks like you were correct :)

Thanks again for the advice y'all ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back