I want a waterfall in with my beardie....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakawak

Reaction score
So I want to build a large bearded dragon enclosure with a waterfall, I know they are dry sort of animals..(even tho they run wild around here and it rains all the time lol) and humidity will need to be ventilated so what is the best way to suck the humidity out? A vent with a fan I front of it ? More ventilation? Any ideas guys?

I have bearded dragon tho... Lol good excuse to get water dragon or monitor but I want to know a good way to ventilate a enclosure for a beardie to enjoy a waterfall, not a giant river or half the enclosure full of water if I was to get a water monitor I would probably set up a tank instead of build a melamine enclosure

Another animal that would enjoy a waterfall is Boyd's Forest Dragons. In terms of humidity if you have the basking spot at the other end and a fan sucking out humidity between the waterfall side and the basking rock side the humidity shouldn't get too high as both water laden air and heat is sucked out, this means the temp near the waterfall remains relatively low and creates less humidity, that which it does should be sucked out.

I wouldnt go A waterfall in a beardie tank mate, they are really suseptable ( Spelling ) to RI.. beardies dont like moisture..
Don't you think it's a bit silly risking their health for the sake of something pretty in their tank?

Just something to think about..

Jace.

I wouldnt go A waterfall in a beardie tank mate, they are really suseptable ( Spelling ) to RI.. beardies dont like moisture..
Don't you think it's a bit silly risking their health for the sake of something pretty in their tank?

Just something to think about..

Jace.
Yea I think use are all right mite get some water dragons and build a desert one for my beardie, thanks guys :(

Do you think if I had 2 or 3 of those heat lamp fans it would lower humidity and instead of a waterfall how about a slow trickle into a shallow pool? I think I mite get some water dragons , I've seen waterfalls in with bearded dragons before so I don't know

probly get away with it if you had a full mesh top on the enclosure, and use a spotlight globe for the basking area. guessing ambient temps would be fairly warm where you are , and with a full mesh top it shouldnt hold any more humidity than the outside air. still wouldnt recomend a waterfall with a beardie tho.

this is the enclosure I built today

3aa3afb8-b746-c659.jpg
this is 1800 x 1200 x 595 will be a desert setting for my beardie no waterfall sadly lol

c0947566-f8c4-1c8f.jpg

c0947566-f8da-6767.jpg

c0947566-f908-36f1.jpg

Halfway through designing the desert theme, no waterfall on this one, I mite make a little waterfall for my coastals lol

Eye 4 an eye

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back