Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've just decided. Haha, mum'll kill me. A horse, a dog, a cat, a snake and now this. It took me long enough to convince her to allow me a snake. Hopefully she'll appreciate these geckos more. Haha. I wonder; is a 3ft tank big enough? Or even too big? I'm running out of floor space :rolleyes:

Haha. I don't know. I ones that crawl over the house walls at night. But seriously, how many types are there?

image.php

Oh what's this one!!! I want it.

Serious? Lol. It's still cute. How much do they cost? And what size tank should you keep a pair in?

Two foot is easy. Awesome. Do they need all that uv lights, etc? They cost alot for my snake. I want it all done properly for my Arbok.

the green one is a broad tail i think

What is the blue and the middle one?
I really like the blue.

Yeah I've been doing some research. Thanks for that though :) Mother will appreciate the low electricity bill.

Well they're all exotics that you've posted pictures of there Horsy so you won't be keeping any of those. The first is a Madagascan Giant Day Gecko, the second one is some sort of North American banded Gecko and not completely sure about the third so I won't stick my neck out.

Their are 111 species of Native australian Geckos. With only about half that available in captive breeding stock.

If you know practically nothing about them, you will probably not be breeding them this season. In Australia we can keep many Geckos that are pretty simple and readily available Mid Breeding Season when the eggs begin to hatch.

Good beginner geckos that are TERRESTRIAL consist of: Bynoes Gecko (Heteronotia Binoei), Smooth Knob Tailed geckos (Nephrurus Levis Levis) and Thick Tailed Geckos (Underwoodisaurus Milii). Good Beginner Geckos that are ARBOREAL consist of: Marbled Geckos (Christinus Marmoratus) and Tree Dtella (Gehyra Variegata).

I hope to be breeding Thick Tails (Female currently 5 weeks Gravid) and Northern Velvet Geckos (Oedura Castelnaui).

Geckos do not require UVA-UVB Lighting as they are nocturnal but may require heating which can be in the form of a heat globe, a heat mat or heat cord/ tape etc.

Shawn

Thank you alot Shawn :) I plan on getting them as hatchlings anyway so I can learn more about them before I start considering actually breeding them. I feel this would be the best way. I really like the Thick Tailed Geckos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back