Id from shed please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica_lee

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had this sent to me and would like to know what it is. I have an idea but do not want to say as I am not 100% sure.

Thanks
jess

Attachments

• 102_2619.jpg
    102_2619.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 213
thanks david, not sure if you got my email. Is this because of the frontal scale? this is what i guessed but it is hard to tell from the picture, i also took into account it may be distorted. I havent had much experience in relocating skins to be honest.

No I hadn't checked my emails (but I have now), and yes mainly from frontal scales, also the thumbnail shaped scales running down the middle of its back, as well as your location etc.

thanks they were the only two things i was going off. The email said "looks like a brown snake so be careful". I wasn't sure why they said this. And i know that they do change size (just witnessing this from my pythons) but it is very thin for its length, given those three things I voted tree snake.

snakelady can you tell me why? Just trying to improve my own knowledge at the same time.

Cheers

Reptile dude - Are your referring to boiga irregularis or pseudonaja (excuse spelling). Could you tell me why?

Johnno does this mean you thinks its a common tree snake, or something else entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back