Id on little Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakereef

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys ,what is this little bloke please .Is it a small Beardy or a Jacky lizard?
Found him today in the yard and he is a very flighty, he sure is cute too,..Thanks Scott

Attachments

• 21-12-2006 008.jpg
    21-12-2006 008.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 234
Its not a beardy and doesn't look like a Jacky either imo.
It looks to be from the Diporiphora genus, maybe D. australis.
Where abouts do you live Scott?

Jacky Lizard?

Thanks for you reply Jordo,I live in Yeppoon Central Qld.Here's another pic of him.
...Cheers Scott

Attachments

• 21-12-2006 006.jpg
    21-12-2006 006.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 182
re-jacky Dragon

Hi ,I had a look in google images for "Jacky Lashtail" and my small dragon does look very similar to the pictured lizards especially in "dcfraser.gallery.netspace" up close photos.
Cheers Scott

have a look at the colour of the mouth linning as jackies and mounton dragons are different
one is yellow and the other is pink
Mick

have a look at the colour of the mouth linning as jackies and mounton dragons are different
one is yellow and the other is pink
Mick

Yes Jackys mouths are very yellow and I heard mountain dragons are blue/purple (but I've never had the opportunity to check)

Mountain dragons don't naturally occur in Qld so I doubt it is one of them. Jacky is possible but I'm sticking with my original guess D. australis which has a natural distribution up the east coast of Qld.

Photo's of a male mountain dragon. Mountains have blue / purple mouths, little lines above their eye and a more spikey tail than jackys. Males and females have different back patterns on both sp. with females having unjoined ovals and males having zigzag lines. And mountains arn't found in QLD

Last edited:
Heres a Jacky lizard showing its teeth.

Attachments

• IMG_1558.JPG
    IMG_1558.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 82
if i didn't know any bettter i'd think that mountain dragon was a bearded dragon

re- ID on small dragon

Thanks for all your replys and sorry to take so long to get back. I still have the little dragon and he appears to be settling down in his new home,however we will most likely let him go in the near future. Re his mouth colouration it appears to be pink and not the orange as in Jordos previous Jacky pic,although the tongue is a similar orange....Thanks Scott

Attachments

• 24-12-2006 006.jpg
    24-12-2006 006.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 77
How can yoo tell the difference between a mountain dragon and a tommy round head ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back