Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I WIN!!!!!1!!

it ended up being a long tailed earless dragon with a sever case or tail nipping :lol: the way we know it was this, is because it has no ears (yes this is a good clue) similar body and pattern, and the location it was actually found... im speaking of a different thread at www.beardeddragon.org were it was first posted, than re-posted here by Miss B.. :D

THANK YOU GOOGLE IMAGES!!!

THANK YOU GOOGLE IMAGES!!!

The google image search can be handy, but so many photos of animals
are hosted somewhere under a false name.

Stick with field guides Kirby, usually someone with good knowledge
has put them together, a lot more reliable than the internet.

yeh well in a time of need it is handy.. obviousely i can tell my way between a terribly mislabeled animal, but i understand what you mean..

looks like an ealss dragon to me. where about exactly was it found in S.A?

midget dragon

Kirby gets the gong with this one.

I contacted the guy who posted this on bearded dragon.org and asked him to look for ear openings. He said it did not have any. I also asked him where the animal was "rescued". He said Murray Bridge in SA.

Based on the information supplied on locality of collection and no obvious ear openings, I suggested on that forum that the animal is either Tympanocryptis lineata or Tympanocryptis tetraporophora. In my view it is most likely tetraporophora. I keep 3 species of Earless dragons including lineata but not tetraporophora.

And yes field guides are the best sources for identifying these animals. I used Wilson and Swan, A Complete Guide to Reptiles of Australia and T.F. Houston's Dragon lizards and Goannas of South Australia. Both books are very useful.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back