Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garthy

Reaction score
snake was caught in netting at Giants Creek, Upper Hunter Valley NSW (western)

Attachments

• tn_2008_0103GlenatGC3.JPG
    tn_2008_0103GlenatGC3.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 152
  • tn_2008_0103GlenatGC0181.JPG
    tn_2008_0103GlenatGC0181.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 140
Um it loks like it has been shot but i think its a Water python Could be wrong tho.

its an elapid but not so sure what type first thought was tiger snake and then copper head but not so sure of both of them

I have been catch and release in this area for over 12 yrs and have never seen a tiger, my 1st thoughts were tiger but closer look at it's head says different, I am wondering if its not just a dark eastern brown.

you maybe right looking at the head a little bit more looks like a drak eastern brown but its thick isent it?how thick was its mid section?

I had to thumbnail them to meet file size restrictions, unless there is another way
don't thumbnail them down so much. The pics can be much larger then what you have them at. Also do you mean caught or killed?? That first pic clearly shows a cut through the middle!

when you click on them they stay same size

which is too small,just try posting them bigger it will work

hopefully this helps, ignore the file names, I have learnt alot in this exercise. The belly scales are screaming eastern brown to me. Perhaps that drum in the photo is a 44, therefore it's a pretty big snake.

Attachments

• body half size.jpg
    body half size.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 104
  • head half size.jpg
    head half size.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 87
  • Belly half size.jpg
    Belly half size.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 81
BTW the photos sent to me from a man that helped kill it. Remembering it was truly stuck in chicken mesh.

Its the deadly dead snake:rolleyes::lol: nah probs a eastern brown seen some around lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back