if only you could....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chameleon

Reaction score
if you could own an exotic reptile...
what would it be?
why?
i would have gila monsters.
just the thought of venomous lizards.....
hmmmm.
do you think the laws should be relaxed a little?...
given certain circumstances?
DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO KEEP CERTAIN EXOTICS?

Id love any sort of boa!
p.s your touching on a very delicate subject which gets a lot of people fired up... hahaha

in actual fact im kinda against it,
if introduced species got out into the wild,they could do
some considerable damage.
take a look at the red devil.
it is now in our northern waterways.
ive kept these fish for a long time and i can safely say
that they are highly predatory.

me to im against it, i like our native wildlife as it is and we have plenty we dont need more, i say if you want more go to america or some other country...

Just my opinion you may think its stupid in your mind or what ever but please dont yell it me or make me the center of one of the famous APS arguements :(

Yeah chameleons are right at the top along with iguanas and of course a Red tailed Boa Constrictor.
There are certainly a great many species that could safely be kept here without the slightest chance of them causing any damage even in the event of an escape. I guess it makes more sense to just leave it all underground and illegal. :?

One of those Fijian Iguana's...the ones that are endangered. Can't think of their name offhand. Oh and one of those Dwarf cape chameleons

i would get a female veilded chameleon for old times sake. though i always liked tortoises :p though it would be awsome to own my fav of all venomous snakes Eyelash Vipers, one of the most beautiful viper species.

though i still stand by the fact that having exotic reptiles in australia is not a good thing. though i do admit there are some species which i really think about and go "how the hell would that be able to become a nuicence?" eg tortoises, it's not likely that they will run off and breed on mass! maybe a control on what exotics can be kept based on the climates of the state, eg tasmania tropcal/desert species welcome :p

various pit vipers and eyelash vipers would be high on the list. aslo GTP locality species and emerald boas.... and ummm ball python mutations :D various boas heaps chameleons and definitely some anacondas for the swimming pool :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back