Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad87

Reaction score
Hey guys. I need some help deciding what to do...
I just have my 2 Stimmies at the moment but my final objective is an Olive Python. As Im in WA I must keep a cat 4 animal for a year before I can apply for a Cat 5. I dont know what to get. I have a few options... Frilled neck; Woma or BHP; Ackie or a Flat Shelled Turtle. There's a few other cat 4's but i dont know much about them. I have a 4x2x2 viv so if i was to get a Frilly or turtle i will probably get a SWCP for the viv. I cant decide and the missus isn't much help. So I guess I'm just looking for everyone's opinion. What should I get? Persued me people!
Any suggestions will be appreciated

Brad

Hey mate, if your not use to handling big snakes like an olive, i would suggest a BHP as i have heard they grow quite large in comparison to your stimmies you have. Im not telling you from experience it is what i would do though, but if you do have experience with big snakes go with a frilly or gillens.

Yer I like the local Woma's too. I have handled quite a few larger snakes, and that's half the problem, I want all of them. Emily (my fiancé) thinks Woma's and bhps heads look odd because they lack the pits and she wants a swcp. But if I get one of those I still "need" a cat 4 animal. It's stupid how the dec make you have stepping stone animals. What does everyone think of ackies or the other cat 4 monitors?

well i would go with a 'panda eyes' woma.very docile,just happy to be hanging around kind of snake.and at 15mths old he is already a chunky boy,nice handful of python.and they are heaps funny to watch fussing around in his tank,moving his things to where he wants them,and digging.....lots of digging.i like the bullet shape of their heads and c'mon........who can resist a little brown nosing panda eyes face like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back