Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update. The bhp is going under the knife. Me and my trusty digi will be there to capture all the action. Our vet doesn't believe the x-rays or an ultrasound will show enough detail on whether the tumor is in or around organs. So we made the big decision that it will eventually die if not treated so why not have a go. They are going to do some exploratory surgery and take a look, then if it can be removed it will be, if only part can be removed or it is in organs etc the big fella just wont wake up. I am really looking forward to seeing what happens and for a glimpse inside one of the animals that so interset me. Will have a different view of anatomy in a way when it's over. Does anyone have any advice on substrate choice for an animal that will have stitches. Will newspaper be ok or ??? Also any special oils, lotions, creams they have used in rehab of this sort.

Womas, try butchers paper rather than news paper. Much cleaner and less chance of infections. The only postop treatment will be daily injections of antibiotics for at least 2 weeks. Hope all goes well, but don't be supprised if it doesn't. Tumors are nasty things to treat.

Thanks Bob. Have copious amounts of butchers paper so shall do. I will be stocked if it does pull through but if not Rach and I will still have valuable knowledge. If the worst happens I will be asking to cut him right open to see if we can see any worms etc in the intestinal tract and also to gain an first hand picture of where the organs are and what they look like. As a matter of interest a mates bhp died and it was found to have white spots on it's heart. Anyone know what these may have been or have been seen before or what causes them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back