Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOne

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Looked out the front window just now and saw this little guy crossing the lawn. Fed him half a banana and moved him up the back.

Attachments

• reptiles_143.jpg
    reptiles_143.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 87
I live in town but my place backs onto a very large patch of pine forrest so as you can imagine theres reptiles everywhere. Unfortunately it's slowly being cleared for more and more houses. :(

mum ( earthmother ) lives next to a huge wildlife reserve, so she gets all sorts of things in her backyard...
one time there was a gts on the fence, and we all went and patted it!
wish we had the camera!

and dont forget the we have 6 now. blue tongued skinks.!we have 6 now. frogs and turtles...I will put pics in the gallery. That GTS was so tame wasn't it bek?
Em

EM, that's why God invented the Edit button! :)

I'd start leaving baits around to try to keep these dangerous predators out of your yard. No garden hose is safe while these things are roaming freely. The poor garden hose has come under repeated attacks in the last few decades. Recent research has uncovered the top 3 causes for the decline of the common garden hose and they are:

1 Lawn Mowers.
2 Kids cutting them up for use when making a bong.
3 Rogue Shinglebacks.

:!: :!: SAVE THE GARDEN HOSE :!: :!:

four buds 25 bucks gust cut down your pokcet money u give the kids

It must be warming up, I rescued two blueys today.
Unfortunately, neither of them is looking good :(

I beg to differ Greg, I believe the Rogue Shingleback to be the number one cause for the decline of the Common Garden Hose, (Longimus Nylexius), Hoser published an excellent paper to this effect and in fact states that due to savage depletion of the Longimus Nylexius that Rogue Shinglebacks have begun to develop a taste for the Eastern Garden Tap, (Gardenius Tappus), but although I have searched the web extensively and even pored over a couple of Don Burkius' published works I can find no other mention of this trend. I am led to believe, due to this, that Hosers observation may have been an isolated incident.

You have alot of spare time don't you Afric :lol:

I think its time there was a hosers society...Maybe an AHS site...where we can talk about the common problems associated with raising them and keeping them safe from the perils you mentioned. Im particularly interested in the effects of driving over them and the cure for the leakages. also..the many species...yates, homebrand, greens, and the subspecies the soaker hose, inground sprinklers (burrowing type) and drip system. Wow it's never ending.

Em.

My hose also shrinks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back