Infractions, Warnings, Bannings ETC!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreliaMatt

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi all!
im back from my weeks holiday that hix issued me with! :)

can someone (HIX?) please tell me what infractions are, where and how you get them, how many are warnings? how many result in bans like i was given? basically a run down of how it all works!

i have searched and couldn't come up with anything!

i also think that it is very poor that you also cannot contact admin or moderators when you are banned! couldn't even get into peoples profiles to get an email address for hix!

basically a run down and have it made a sticky with all the rules regulations and an explanation to what it all is!

cheers!

Matt

it sucks doesnt it :)
but you learn from your mistakes

Penalties

If you break any of the site rules, the following penalties will apply (when infraction committed within a rolling 3 month period):
1st infraction - Warning only
2nd infraction - 1 week suspension
3rd infraction - 2 week suspension
4th infraction - Permanent suspension
Major offense - Immediate and permanent suspension of account

cheers
brad

welcome back, i too was on a 1 week holiday. lol
i have learned my lesson about swearing in posts and will not be repeating it in a hurry.

when i got banned for no reason at all, i just clicked on the contact us link at bottom of the page, they soon got my emails

welcome back, i too was on a 1 week holiday. lol
i have learned my lesson about swearing in posts and will not be repeating it in a hurry.

Was it bad swearing or just like blipped out s...t. If you know what I mean - Just want to know so I don't get the boot

Was it bad swearing or just like blipped out s...t. If you know what I mean - Just want to know so I don't get the boot

i was expressing my thoughts about a pet store. and i swore. and it was bleeped out, but i got suspended. which i accepted after awhile. and now, i know not to swear again. well...not on here anyway. lol

I think the definition of "swear words" is a bit ambiguous, particularly in Australia. There are many words commonly used in the English (Australian) launguage that we regard as commonplace that some of us are being pinged for. I've been issued an infraction for substituting symbols in lieu of letters in a word I feel is quite acceptable. I tried to be politically correct and suffered the consequences :) We have to live by the rules however. I don't think you will get an explanation, I've tried and got nowhere.

This is an abbreviated list of the infractions

Unauthorised Advertising or Selling
Rule 16 - Critisism/Promotion of Other Forum
Rule 15 - Open Criticism of APS
Rule 14 - Public Feuding
Rule 13 - Invalid Contact Details
Rule 12 - Multiple Accounts
Rule 8 - Posting on Behalf of Banned Member
Rule 7 - Chit Chat in Herp Forum
Rule 6 - Off Topic Posting in Classifieds
Rule 5 - Flooding of Forums
Rule 4 - Offensive Content
Rule 2 - Intolerance of Other User
Rule 11 - Posting Copyrighted Material
General Rule Breach
Shop and Swap Rule Breach
Rule 3 - Swearing or Cursing
Rule 1 - Nastiness or Name Calling
Rule 17 - Promoting Illegal Activity
Major Offence 4 points instant ban

I think the definition of "swear words" is a bit ambiguous, particularly in Australia. There are many words commonly used in the English (Australian) launguage that we regard as commonplace that some of us are being pinged for. I've been issued an infraction for substituting symbols in lieu of letters in a word I feel is quite acceptable. I tried to be politically correct and suffered the consequences :) We have to live by the rules however. I don't think you will get an explanation, I've tried and got nowhere.

I don't think it is actually. Swearing is just that, swearing. Just because people use it, sometimes all too often, doesn't make it common English.

Don't get me wrong I can swear like the best of them but I also appreciate there is a time and a place. Even though some words can seem fine in context they probably shouldn't be used in mixed company.

The Mods did make it quite clear that substituting letters with symbols is not acceptable.

This site is aimed at being a family site. There are rules in place. Theses rules are imposed by the owners of the site. After all it is their place that they allow us to congregate in and hopefully share knowledge in a safe and secure environment.

I am sure that you and everyone else have rules for your own places that you expect visitors to respect. Therefore I don't see why it would be such a leap to respect theirs.

Where is Slim6y? I need a hand down from this box.

IsK

It used to be if you said bug-ger (without the dash) it would change to collector of bugs .
That always messed with my mind but never resulted in a banning ;)

Question - how many people are getting infractions in this post right now asking if they can dash like (can't do it or I get an infraction).

I learnt the hard way with my big infraction.. I have to be a good boy till April now... Oh, but it's not easy when I have so many words in my vocabulary that could be considered colourful!

Yeah you get infranctions for swearing even if you bleep some of the letters out... Which I found pretty interesting - it's the moderators dirty minds that fill in the gaps LOL

Swear words of the past are/have become common words of today.

In England a driver was taken to court for saying the ' F ' word and 'off ' after it to a police officer when pulled over. He was let off because he was found to be using the common language of today.

Sometimes a 'swear word' is the best way of adding depth, colour and passion in your post. It gets your point across.

If evidence were required that the word has in some sense come of age, the clothing company French Connection has recently opened a giant FCUK store almost next to Harrods.

Its all a matter of shifting taboos, the older generation are in need of catching up.
Religious expletives, such as damn, hell and blimey, once as powerful as the F word, are not even thought of as vaguely impolite.

thanks hodges for the steps! and greebo for the offences!

thats what i asked for! ;) cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back