Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are on the highest catagory licence you can get! Do you have that licence?

waiting on the postman

Still working out which way I want to go

Have a tiger hatchling ordered. I guess I am working out how hardcore I want to go...

Yes they make good captives, and as for worth the risk.............how much do you love them?

Shane,

Bit off topic, but what's your take on Coastal Tai's? The more I learn about these, the more intrigued I become. They seem very intelligent, from what I have heard.

they kinda scare them so i might take them seriously lol

i don't know. I guess there is an element of having the worlds deadliest snake in your lounge room...

I also read that the only people who get bitten by them are herp keepers who get bitten by their pets!

Leon,

They make good captives but you must keep them for the right reasons...not for their status. I keep 5 and they are among my favourite snakes.

You are correct about herpers getting bitten - where they occur in the wild, there would be maybe a few hundred people.

You should take all Australian elapids seriously, Tigers contribute to a large portion of bites in Australia, to both keepers and non-keepers.

Leon, inlands are very placid and keepers often take it for granted and become careless. They grow very large, require large enclosure and some handling is inevitable in order to clean their cage, etc..
A bite from one of those could be your last one, so think it over carefully. The novelty of having the deadliest snake in your lounge room will pass and unless you have some in depth interest in that species, the cleaning, feeding, etc., can become a chore - you don't want that to happen.

Leon seeing you were asking about whips and marsh snakes yesterday I'm just curious - have you ever kept any elapids before?

Leon seeing you were asking about whips and marsh snakes yesterday I'm going to ask - have you ever kept any elapids before?

Was thinking the same thing, Waiting on licence to arrive and already diving in head first.

Leon seeing you were asking about whips and marsh snakes yesterday I'm just curious - have you ever kept any elapids before?

But don't you need heaps of experience with cat R3 and R4 elapids before you can even apply for R5? and Inlands are on R5.

Ialso remember Leon called himself a noob a few days ago...

But don't you need heaps of experience with cat R3 and R4 elapids before you can even apply for R5? and Inlands are on R5.

I have a sneaking suspition he is a victorian and as such you can get an advanced licence
straight up no exp required.
This is a deadly floor in the system.

Depends on what state you are in.

Yep, sounds like Leonhasn't kept vens before, just read his visitor messages.

I have a sneaking suspition he is a victorian and as such you can get an advanced licence
straight up no exp required.
This is a deadly floor in the system.

Are you serious?! That's crazy! Are there subsequently more keeper deaths in Vic? :)

Am I the only one who doesn't want to keep vens?? I must be more evolutionarily advanced, not wanting to keep dangerous animals that could kill me with one tooth ;)

Are you serious?! That's crazy! Are there subsequently more keeper deaths in Vic? :)

Am I the only one who doesn't want to keep vens?? I must be more evolutionarily advanced, not wanting to keep dangerous animals that could kill me with one tooth ;)

Yes thats how it is in Vic.

No your just one of those folks that has been sucked into the sheer boringness of pythons ;) Haha

I love Victorias ridiculous licensing arrangements where any newb can fork out his advanced license fee and buy one as soon as the paperwork arrives in the mailbox! Absurd!!!

[/QUOTE]Am I the only one who doesn't want to keep vens?? I must be more evolutionarily advanced, not wanting to keep dangerous animals that could kill me with one tooth ;)[/QUOTE]

I would only keep a ven (that was rather dangerous) if it was de-venomised. Im not sure if thats acctually possible or if they still count as a ven but hey, no-one else has to know right? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back