Integration of lizard sp.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

potato matter

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has tried integrating various sp. of lizard and keeping them together??? I have heard of people integrating central netted dragons and blue tounges, but i'm not that keen to try it.

netteds and blueys
?
thats an odd mix
ive heard of shingles and blueys
and central and eastern beardies

yep, netted dragons and blue tounges, thats why i'm not keen to try it, cause i don't think they would go well together.

I have kept Beardy's, blueys, Cunninghams.pinktongues, geckos and frogs together. At the moment I have 2 species of geckos, Mountain Dragons and Pinktongues together. Mountain Dragons can be kept with alot of gecko species, Pinktongues having a specific diet are also great to keep with other species, including smaller species.

What would be a good sp. to keep with central netted dragons, it's a really big enclosure with only 2 lizards in there :S

I have Blue tongues and Beardies together and they get along fine, i also keep turtles in there as well. I have outdoor pits with lots of hides and things so they can get out of each others way, if they have to.
JasonL i'm keen to get mountian dragon and gecko's, but dont have enough room. Could i keep Mountians and marbled velvet gecko's together in a tank? If so, what size tank how i have to get to keep a breeding pair of each sp. in?
Thanks

Try some other small dessert dwelling skink species but I know male netted dragons get a bit bitey towards other inhabitants

Mountain Dragons, being agamids like a bit of room and can stress if not given it... I could only recommend a four foot enclosure for them, though it is possible to keep them in less, the key to keeping mixed species together is room and hiding places, that how I can keep some gecko species with Bearded Dragons (don't try that at home folks), Beardies generally respond to movement and feed during daylight hours when temps suit, and the gecko species in question hide during the day, by offering good hide places they never had a problem for 2 odd years they were together.

my bad guys, i thought you meant breeding them together, thats why i was blabbing on. i keep my beardies and blueys together, the only ones that i seperate are my shingles, and all my male beardies. sorry i got the wrong idea:)

Has anyone kept central netted dragons and bearded dragons together???

Iv got my beardy tank next to my Marmoratas
I noticed them one day trying to attack each other through the glass at about 5pm when they both share active time
U could try it, it could work, but it will only take one time for them to cross paths for u gecko to get it

you keep frogs with bd and bluies JasonL?

yep, used to, no longer keep blueys and Beardies though. Blueys will eat frogs so you have to be careful there, but the Beardies didn't touch them at all, if your enclosure is set up with planty of high hiding areas, the frogs usually spend the day period out of reach, and the use of the correct frogs also matters, not many lizards will eat large GTF's, they have a toxin that doesn't taste overly good to "sometimes frog eaters", I have also seen them successfully kept with water dragons, but it all comes down to the experience of the keeper and the design of the enclosure... It is always advised to keep the particular animals for many years solo before attempting such pairings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back